Pushing Boundaries

A few weeks later

Ms. Braxtons P.O.V

"Homework is page 36, and Mike I need that work on my desk first thing Monday morning."

The sweet rustling sounds of bags packing up filled the classroom and it sounded like music to my ears. The weekend cannot come quick enough.

"Enjoy the weekend" I spoke to the class as they rushed out the door equally happy that the school day had finally finished.

I took a deep breathe relaxing into my chair, closing my eyes for a split second enjoying the peace of the silent classroom.

"Eeehhhmmmm" I sigh, at least it was quiet for a couple of seconds. I open my eyes to see my star student standing in front of my desk with a slight grin on her face. "Yes?" I ask slightly aggravated. It's been a long day and I want is my bed for the next 48 hours.

"I have a few questions about my homework" she said staring into my eyes

I stare back for a couple of seconds before sighing and whispering under my breathe "of course you do"

"Okay show me what the problem is" immediately a smile springs on her face as She walks around my desk so she is standing beside me.

She opens up her book on the page and smiles at me once again. I raise my eyebrows seeing her standing where I normally don't allow students to be. "Alex I thought you were going to ask me a question"

"Yes, I was wondering if you'll show me how to do this equation" she quickly replied

"Fine, which one" she then leaned over so there was less than centimeters between us, pointing at one of the questions.

I turned my head to look at the small space and at that moment she turned her head to face mine.

There were inches separating our faces, and I could feel her hot breathe on my lips as she stared daringly at me. Looking into her deep blue eyes I saw something I couldn't trust, and strangely it made me hungry for more. In a matter of seconds, I felt my heart rate pick up slightly and knew I needed to get out of this situation.

Suddenly I cleared my throat looking down at the book where Alex's finger was pointing. I felt Alex move back ever so slightly causing me to take a breathe.

"Every time I give a piece of homework you seem to always have questions. Why would that be" I asked

"Just making sure I'm reaching my best ability in this class" She added with that tone of sarcasm she uses. I roll my eyes. Using my own words against me, now that just cruel

Looking closer at the question I furrow my eyes at it. "Alex I literally went over this in class, weren't you paying attention" I said looking at her

"oh" she seemed shocked looking at the question. "Well you see, the thing is, in this class..." she turns her face looking back into my eyes once again, she whispers "I always manage to get distracted" smirking at the end of her sentence.

I keep a stern face trying to ignore the instant need I felt to take a gulp. I start on the question to calm the slight nerves I'm suddenly feeling for some reason.

"First you split up the equation into three pieces and label them a b and c..." From the corner of my eye I saw that Alex was staring at me with a wicked grin and I could tell she wasn't listening, but I continued anyway just to get it over with and onto me finally relaxing.

10 minutes later

"And that's how you get 4" I said leaning back in my chair. "Understand?" I say looking at Alex