Chapter 9

*Rayn POV*

Even though Osh'a and Mama have been around all day every day trying to make me comfortable, I'm thankful that I'm finally on my way home.

Osh'a volunteered to bring me home because mama said she needed to get something.

The ride from the hospital was pretty quiet.  I think both of us were still trying to wrap our heads around the situation at hand. 

"You hungry?" Osh'a asked, getting ready to pass a string of fast food restaurants.

"Yea. But mama said she was going to cook. You should stay and eat. " I said.

"Okay, I will lil mama..." he said.

I liked that nickname.

"Sooo..." he said.

"What? " I asked looking his way.
"Have you thought about coming to stay with me? " he asked.

"Uhh...not really. I mean I still gotta get to know you..." I said.

I feel like a whole hoe saying that to the father of my unborn baby.

"Its bool. I mean it ain't no rush. But I do have a idea. " he said.

"What's that? "

"Come stay a weekend with me." He said looking over at me.

I thought about it for a minute.

"I mean if you don't want to, You don't have to." He said adjusting himself in the driver seat.

"No... i think that's a good idea actually. " I said.

"Okay. I promise I won't try anything. I have 2 extra rooms in the house." He said.  I believed him.

"Okay...I'll stay here with Mama tonight then I could stay at your house til the weekend. " I said.

"Thats even better." He said pulling up to my apartment.

We got out and walked into my apartment.

Osh'a sat on the couch while I went straight to my bathroom and took a 20 minute shower.

I lotioned up, deotorized, put on a tank and lounge pants and walked out of my room.

I walked to the end of the hallway and seen Mama holding a giftbasket. She and Osh'a were smiling.

"What's this Maw?" I asked smiling.

"A little gift for you and my great grandbaby. So you can stop stressing about the nonsense and focus on your health." She said sitting the huge basket down.

I could feel my face turning red and the tears welling up.

"Aww come here my baby." She said.

I walked to her wiping away tears.

"Thank you..." I said while she took me into her arms.

"You are very welcome." She said.

I pulled away and noticed an Edible Arrangements basket with my favorite fruits attached to it.

I walked to it and devoured three pieces if fruit.

I was so hungry.

"Dont you sit up there and eat all that fruit girl! I'm finna start on this supper."

"What we eating? " I asked sneaking one more peice as she turned her back.

"I seen that heffa. And gumbo." She said facing the stove.

Osh'a laughed.

"Aint nothing funny. I'm finna get on both of y'all asses in a minute. But Rayn, open up that basket and look what's in it." She said with a hand on her hip.

I did as told.

There was a bear, a baby name book, tissue, candy, snacks, a baby's 'my first' book, a t-shirt with baby feet on it, and a necklace.

"That one is from me..." Osh'a said referring to the necklace.

"Really? This is gorgeous O!"  I said. And it really was.

I turned around and lifted my hair so he could put it on.

I seen Mama grinning at us and shaking her head like she knew something that I didn't.  But she wasn't gone tell me.

"Okay" he said.

I went and looked in the mirror.

Nobody has ever given me anything besides ma.

Osh'a came up behind me.

"Thank you, you didn't have to do it..."

"I know...I wanted to."

"Get in here you two." We heard her say.

We walked back into the kitchen and sat at the bar like we were 7 years old.

Getting ready to get scolded.

♡♡♡♡♡♡

Short I know

What's y'all favorite song ?