Chapter 9 pt. 2

*Osh'a POV*

"Now, I know a little bit from what Rayn told me. But now I want your side." Miss Jean pointed at me with her cooking spoon.

I hesitated but then just decided to just tell everything.

"Well...basically I saw her and had to have my piece out of her. I knew I was gone fu- I mean, sleep with her from the jump. I'm a smooth talker. Plus she was kind of naive. I got what I wanted from her and didn't talk to her again until this week." I explained.

She shook her head and turned around to tend to the pot.

I looked over at Rayn and she had her head down, embarrassed that I'd called her naive.

I took my finger under her chin and lifted her head.

"Do you know how heartbroken Rayn was when she had to look at me and explain to me how she had gotten herself in this situation?  I sent her here for school and she end up pregnant cuz one lying big headed boy wanted to lay up with her. You hurt my baby. And yes I know she too trusting and too sweet for her own good. But how DARE you lay between her legs RAW and lie in her face? And the result be a baby that neither of you know how to raise." She said.

Rayns face was red and I was looking long faced.

I still gotta hear the same thing from my own mama.

I really don't even want to tell her.

"And Rayn I thought I taught you better.  Since you were little, people done got over on you. Taking New toys, money, food, shoes, all that. Because you believed what they told you. You see way too much good in people, even when they showing you the bad side. You good hearted, but baby sometimes you gotta look at stuff for how it really is. Everybody ain't got good intentions." She said to Rayn. 

But that last part hit me in the chest.

I just did to Rayn what everybody else done to me.

Fucked her over.

"But son, I know you ain't no bad person. If you were, you wouldn't be here now trying to take care of your responsibility. And I know you got feelings for Rayn. I see it in your eyes when you look at her.  It's not lust, it's a caring look. You street, but you got feelings for my baby. And she does too. But don't mind me."

We kind of looked at each other and smiled.

Her grandma walked over to me and jacked me up by my jacket...And kissed my forehead.

"You family now, but don't hurt neither one of my babies. I carries a .22 boy." She said then slapped the back of my head.

She went over to Rayn and just kissed her head.

"You gone finish school girl." She said sternly.

She nodded her head in agreement.

"Yall will make great parents." Her grandma said.

♡♡♡♡♡

Where y'all from?