↳ 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎 ✗

⁂

//S A G E//

            IT WAS QUITE AS all of the gladers, including me, stood in front of a pile of wood. I try to fight the toothy grin on my lips as the boys around me were jumping up and down in excitement, their faces light up with joy. I bite my lower lip as I draw the bow string back, placing my cheek next to the end of the flaming around. I released it, the feather of the arrow lightly scrapping against my cheek as it whistles through the air and right into the middle of the wood, a small fire sparking; "Light 'em up!"

           Immediately the boys cheer around me, the keepers throwing in their flaming torches as it sparks the wood even more, creating  huge bonfire. I laughed with the rest of the boys as they continued to cheer and move into small groups, hanging with their friends. I looked down at the wooden bow in my hands, a gift Newt made me. A hand on my shoulder made me jump slightly, turning around only to be faced with Gally. A give him a small smile, which he returns. I'm not really that close to Gally, but he is a good friend despite what people say about him. He wasn't always rude, River was his best friend, and he was devastated when he died. He remains nice to me, something he doesn't show to the other gladers including Alby.

         Gally drops his hand from my shoulder, the flames next to us from the bonfire lighting up his face in the dark. He motions to my bow, "You want me to drop it off in your room."

          My eyes flicker down to my bow before back to him. I give him another smile, my head nodding slightly. "I would appreciate that." He nods his head, taking the bow gently and turning to homestead. I cup my hand over my mouth; "Thank you!" I shout after him and he turns out, giving me a thumbs up in reply before continuing his short journey to homestead.

       "Sage!" I turn my head to see Minho waving me over. A soft chuckle escapes my lips as I make my way over to him and Ben. Ben is a runner like us, Minho's partner when he runs when I'm not there.

       "Hey boys." I plop down next to Minho and he wraps an arm around my shoulders, pulling me into his side.

        Ben chuckles softly, pulling the mason jar away from his lips which held a substance I hate with a burning passion, Gally's secret recipe. "How have you been?"

         I shrug, a smile still on my face. "Same 'ol, same 'ol."

         I tune out Ben and Minho, the two laughing and talking about something I wasn't really interested in. Feeling eyes on me, I scan my eyes around, but not seeing anyone staring at me. Gally was back, pushing some boys out of the circle, Alby sitting next to Clint, laughing at something the med-jack said, which was a rare sight. Chuck was rambling Jeff's ear off, but Jeff didn't seem to mind it, nodding his head along to what he says.