↳ 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗 ✗

⁂

//S A G E//

A DOOR OPENS AND I was the first to walk foreword. I push the door open wider, walking in slowly with my bloody machete up, just in case something comes out at us. I walk into a hallway, lights flickering on above us. I glance at Thomas, who moves next to me, his hand grabbing onto mine.

       A green blinking light got the attention of us, making us look at the door to see a large "EXIT" sign with white letters over the door. Frypan scoffs softly. "Seriously?"

       I let go of Thomas' hand, and I open the door. I gulp at the sight of another hallway, but with people in large white coats laying on the ground, lights flickering above them. I walk in, my eyes trailing to the blood on the walls but I continue to walk, my machete high up in front of me.

       We walk past another room, body's laying on a table with a cloth over them, blood staining the cloth.

       I continue to walk forward, past a deceased man on the floor with a gun by his hand. I swallow squat down, wrapping my fingers around the cold thing.

       It didn't feel weird having a gun in my hand, it felt normal. Like it belongs in my hand.

       "Sage!" My head shoots up towards Thomas. "Put that thing down!"

       I ignore him and I stand back up. My fingers move to the chamber, releasing the magazine swiftly. I don't even know how or why I know what a "gun" is, or how I know how to work it. I toss the gun back onto the floor when there were no bullets in the magazine. Thomas gives me a look, but I ignore him, and continue to walk into a larger room.

       "What happened here?"

       There was a large long table in the middle of the room, screens over it and chairs around the table. Along the walls were more screens and chairs. Lights were still flickering, and steam was coming out of the burst pipes.

         My eyes flicker to a screen of the maze. "So they were watching us. This whole time."

        I walk to a table, looking through the glass to see Thomas looking at me. Just like my vision. I gulp, before looking down at the buttons on the table. One was flashing green, and I raise my eyebrows before pressing down on the button.

       A bigger screen in front of the room lights up. An older woman in the video. "Hello. My name is doctor Ava Paige. I'm director of Operations of the World Catastrophe Killzone Department."  I glance at Thomas before moving closer to the screen. "If you're watching this, that means you have successfully completed the Maze Trials. I wish I could be there in person to congratulate you... but circumstances seem to have prevented it. I'm sure by now, you must all be very confused... angry... frightened. I can only assure you, that everything that's happened to you... everything we've done to you... it was all done for a reason."