↳ 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚟𝚎 ✗

⁂

//S A G E//

        BEFORE WE STARTED WALKING to the pit, we stopped by the homestead so I could change into actual clothes. Not booty shorts and a sports bra.

As we were walking to the pit, Thomas tried getting answers out of Gally. "Hey, what's your problem with me?"

"Everything started going wrong the minute you showed up." Gally pauses for a second, before continuing; "First Ben, then Alby and now the girl. Everybody saw she recognized you and I'm be—."

I cut Gally off my raising my hand and catching up to him, considering he was far ahead of me. "yeah Hi? She recognized me too."

"Shut up!" Gally snaps and Thomas places a hand on my lower back, tingles going through my body. I put my hand down and I purse my lips; "I bet you two know who she is."

"Gally, you know we can't stay here forever right?" Gally ignores Thomas, grabbing the collar and throwing him into the pit. Thomas grunts as his side hits the dirt. Gally looks at me with raised eyebrows, and I just jump in.

Gally slams the gate behind me. "Don't do anything stupid Sage."

I cross my arms over my chest, furrowing my eyebrows. "What does that mean?"

Gally rolls his eyes before leaving, not giving me a reply. I glance at Thomas, who was staring at me but quickly looks away, red filling his cheeks. I smiled before sitting in the corner of the pit, resting my head on the wall next to me.

Thomas breaks the silence. "Why are you the leader here?"

"What? Girls can't be leaders too?"

"No—oh god. I mean yeah but—."

I chuckle. "Relax Tommy. I'm just playing with you. But honestly, I don't know why I'm the leader. After we got about twenty boys and when we didn't have any rules, things started to get out of hand. I was put in danger by some of these boys and Minho will protect me. This is was when I didn't know I knew how to fight. After a few fights, we decided we needed a leader and rules. River, my old friend, helped me create the rules. After that, we had a vote on who will be leader. I had the most votes. I'm not sure why, I guess everyone trusts me."

"It's true. Everyone trusts you. They look up to you. Especially Chuck. He wouldn't stop talking about you since I got here."