↳ 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗 ✗

⁂

//S A G E//

        WE WERE IMMEDIATELY APPROACHED by a very angry looking Gally. His face red and I swear to god I could see steam coming out of his ears. "What the hell's going on out there! What the hell did you do now Thomas?!"

Gally places his hands on Thomas' shoulders, pushing him back lightly. He stumbles, regaining his balance but only to get pushed once more. I roll my eyes when some of the boys start crowding around the two pushing boys, waiting to see a fight break it.

"We found something, a new passage." Thomas pushes Gally's hands off of his chest, but he kept his voice low and calm. "We think it could be our way out."

"Really?" Chuck's eyes light up in excitement while Gally doesn't seemed fazed.

"It's true. We opened a door, something I've never seen before." I pitch in and eyes go straight to me, but I ignore them when I notice the glare from Gally. I move closer to Thomas, to protect him if need be.

"I think it must be where the grievers go during the day." Minho pants slightly, and I swear, I heard everyone's breath hitch in there throats. I give Minho a glare while everyone starts to talk over each other. Couldn't he wait until it was just Gally, Thomas, Alby —if he wakes up—, Newt and Myself?

Gally starts waving his hands around, trying to gain everyone's attention. "Wait. Whoa, whoa, whoa."

Chuck swallows nervously, fidgeting his fingers that I notice he does when he's anxious. "You're saying you found the griever's home? And you want us to go in?"

Thomas frowns softly, turning to the young boy. "Their way in could be our way out Chuck."

"Yeah, or there could be a dozen grievers on the other side." Gally raises his voice, and I could feel my blood boiling. "The truth is, Thomas doesn't know what he had done, as usual."

Thomas steps closer to Gally, practically being in his face. "Yeah, at least I did something, Gally." The boys around us "oooo" in amusement while I'm over here slightly shocked about Thomas' out burst. "I mean what have you done? Aside from hide behind these walls all the time?!" I couldn't help the smirk fighting on my face.

Gally is beyond pissed at this point, and I could tell this is getting bad. "Let me tell you, greenie, you've been here three days, all right? I've been here three years!"

"Yeah." Thomas' voice came out soft, but then i flinched at the sound of his voice rising. "You've been here three years and you're still here Gally! What does that tell you! Maybe you should start doing things a little differently. Maybe you should be in charge, what about that?" That was when Gally went back to pushing Thomas and the other boys shouting over each other, some agreeing with Thomas, the others against him.

"Guys!" I heard a faint voice yell over the yelling boys. I turn my head to see Teresa standing there trying to get everyone's attention. She looks at me with a pleading look on her face and I sigh.

"Hey! All of you shut the hell up before I shut you up!" I yell as loud as I can. Immediately the crowd goes silent, and everyone turns at me. I point to Teresa and eyes trail to her.

"It's Alby. He's awake."

I sped walked to the end—hit and I fling the door open, speaking before my combat boots even went through the door. "Has he said anything?" Clint shakes his head softly and I frown.

Thomas was hot on my trail, moving towards Alby. "Alby, are you alright?"

I walk towards Alby who was sitting on the edge of his bed, hands clasped together, and head down. I know the pain he's going thorough. It's a horrible feeling.

"Hey, Alby." I whisper in a soothing voice, sitting besides him on the bed.

"Alby, we might have just found a way out of the maze." Thomas sits beside him on his other side. "Do you head me? We could get out of here."

"We cant." Alby's voice cracks and I was slightly taken aback, I've always heard his voice hard and rough, not weak and cracked. "We can't leave. They wont let us."

I furrow my eyebrows and I share a glance with Thomas before returning my attention back to Alby. "What are you talking about?"

"I remember." He mumbles into his hands.

Thomas' eyes kept flickering up to me. "What do you remember?"

Alby's head shots up at Thomas and narrows his eyes at him. "You two, you two were always there favorites, Sage, Thomas. Why did you two do this? Why did you come here?"

"Sage!"

don't be a silent reader,
vote, comment, share

unedited