Chapter I; Unions

Takiko sat watching from a rooftop. More new recruits had come in for the second time this week. He leaned back looking over the kids carrying keyblades. They would be divided into their unions soon. They would be greeted by their master then be left under the care of their Chirithy. A stupid system in his opinion. That's why he would lend a helping hand to the ones who ended up in his union.

"I bet that girl there with mint hair is going to be a Vulpes." Kamiko said from beside him. Takiko glanced at his sister then looked at the mint-haired girl in question. She was small and shying away from most others. Only a white-haired girl seemed to be able to talk to her.

"My bet is she's a Leopardus." He said calmly. Kamiko laughed, brushing her short strawberry blonde hair behind her ear.

"You always bet Leopardus." She said kicking her feet back and forth. Her Chirithy sat on her lap. It didn't look happy, it probably objected them being together. They were in different unions after all. His own Chirithy wasn't around, probably trying to ignore the fact Takiko made friends outside of his union.

"She just looks like an outsider. Master Gula takes good care of outsiders." Takiko said calmly. "Anyway, you always bet Vulpes so what's the difference if I always bet Leopardus?"

"At least I'm actually in Vulpes. You're not in Leopardus." Kamiko said. On her lap, her Chirithy sighed. Kamiko ignored it like she often did. "They're starting to split." She said. Takiko watched the newbies split up into five groups. They began looking at the other groups in a distrusting manner.

"I have to go take my group to see Master Invi." Takiko said standing up. Kamiko stood beside him.

"Yeah, I should take my bunch to Master Ava." She said. Both jumped down into the town square at the same time as three others. They always had a way of jumping down together.

"Ursus please follow me, Master Aced will welcome you to our union!" Said one of the ones who had jumped down. He was taller than the others and looked a little older. He had brown hair and brown eyes with a tan skin tone. He was wearing brown pants with a black shirt and red jacket over top of that. His Chirithy sat on his shoulder. As his group worked its way towards him he glared at the other four guides. Takiko rolled his eyes, ignoring the glare. Espen was very much like the bear that represented his union, he didn't get along well with others. After he had his group he left the square with them following after him.

"Will all Unicornis please come over here? Master Ira is waiting." A young woman with blonde hair said. She wore a blue dress with a Moogle pouch on her side. She had a white jacket on over top of the dress with her Chirithy on her back. She paid no mind to the other three, focusing on counting the group that was walking towards her. Adiana rarely acknowledged the other unions, she was far more concerned with her own. When her group reached her she too left the square but through a different route.

"Leopardus. Over here. Master Gula is expecting you." A boy with purple hair said motioning for the group to come to him. He wore a red shirt with a black jacket and black pants. He had black gloves and two bracelets that looked like zippers. His Chirithy stood beside him. He nodded to Takiko and Kamiko as he led his group out of the square. Jax was usually more polite than the other two, but he was a loner and rarely spoke.

"Alright then, Vulpes with me, please! We're going to go see Master Ava!" Kamiko said waving, holding her Chirithy against her chest like a doll. She wore a pink dress with a zipper up one side and multiple belts. Her sleeves fell off her shoulders. She had a pink and gold scarf and a bracelet that looked like crossed zippers that matched the bracelet Takiko wore. A group approached her rather shyly. She smiled at them and turned to lead the way out of the square. She waved to Takiko as she left.