Chapter XIV; Let's Just Live

Annora sat beside Skuld in the fountain plaza. It was the easiest place for them to meet, even though they were almost always surrounded by other wielders passing through. Annora had learned to ignore the glares she received over the past few weeks.

Things had only gotten worse between the unions since the fight between the Foretellers. Unions fought at every turn. Only Dandelions seemed to think it wasn't worth fighting. Dandelions and Annora anyway.

"This is terrible. I wish there was a way to stop all of these fights I've been seeing around." Skuld said, leaning back and looking at the sky with a sad frown. Annora followed her gaze, watching the clouds drift across the sky.

"Yeah." Annora agreed. She suddenly sat bolt upright. "That's it!" She said.

"What?" Skuld asked, looking at her white-haired friend in confusion. Annora jumped to her feet, turning to face Skuld directly.

"I have an idea! I have an idea!" Annora said happily. Skuld laughed at Annora's childish excitement. She had hardly ever seen Annora behave like that.

"What!?" Skuld asked again, laughing slightly.

"Uniting the unions," Annora said simply. Skuld tilted her head to the side in confusion. "What if we form a party that doesn't care what union you're in?" Annora continued. Skuld frowned.

"Wouldn't that count as an alliance?" She asked worriedly. Annora rolled her eyes at the suggestion.

"No, it's not everyone from one union teaming up with everyone from another. It's a group of friends joining together to gather lux." Annora said as if it were an obvious answer. Skuld continued to frown, still unconvinced by Annora's reasoning.

"I don't know. It seems really close to an alliance." Skuld said calmly. Annora gave an exasperated sigh and rolled her eyes.

"Who cares?" Annora asked. Skuld jumped and looked at her in surprise. "The Master of Masters isn't here anymore so let's just do it!" Annora insisted. Skuld stood and faced Annora on eye level, trying not to have to look up to her.

"Annora, this is dangerous," Skuld said simply. Annora huffed in annoyance. She really loved Skuld, but she was worrying too much. That wasn't something that was normal for her friend. Skuld was almost as bad as Ephemer had been. Annora was wondering what had changed, but she pushed the thought back.

"Stop worrying. We don't have time to be worrying about every little rule." Annora said. Skuld sighed and smiled softly, seeing she couldn't sway her.

"Who would you get to join?" Skuld asked. Annora stepped back and crossed her arms, looking at the sky in thought.

"Well, I'd be a member, so that would cover Unicornis. You'd be a member, so that's Ursus. Then, the Anguis lieutenant owes me a favor, and I bet his sister will join too." Annora listed off.

"So that's Anguis and Vulpes. But what about Leopardus, since you're aiming for one from each union?" Skuld asked. Annora shrugged.

"I have no clue. But it doesn't matter. We have a start. Come on." Annora said, taking off. Skuld watched her with a smile and shake of her head. Skuld followed after her much slower.

It only took Annora a few minutes to find the twins. That was surprising to Skuld, who assumed they would be off doing missions or helping their Foretellers. Not wandering the city together.

"Takiko!" Annora called out. Takiko and Kamiko stopped. Takiko looked up at the sky and sighed heavily before turning to face Annora. He looked surprised when he caught sight of her.