Chapter VI; Secrets

Kamiko stood on her tip toes in the Moogle shop, trying to post a flyer on the information board. Ava had the brilliant idea of making a code for the dandelions so they could easily tell the members when and where the next meeting was. It was hidden in help flyers that were placed in various locations all around town, that made them very hard to miss. But to many others, it would just look like an old flyer that needed to be taken down.

Kamiko bit her lower lip as she took a step back from the board. It didn't look like the notice was new. That should work well enough. Now she just had to be sure all the others she had put up were still there.

"Hey, Kamiko!" A voice said making Kamiko jump. She turned quickly and saw Ephemer standing behind her with a grin that spelled trouble. Kamiko looked at him warily.

"Oh, hey Ephemer. You in trouble again?" Kamiko asked. Ephemer laughed and rubbed the back of his head.

"No, listen I had a question and I was wondering if you could answer it," Ephemer said. Kamiko looked Ephemer up and down. He didn't look like he had anything he shouldn't have, so that couldn't be what the question was about. He looked a little beat up though, maybe he had gotten into a fight. But then again, he probably wouldn't be smiling if that were the case.

"That's never a good start." Kamiko decided. "What do you have this time?" She asked despite her better judgment. Ephemer always managed to ask about the things she shouldn't answer.

"Is the foretellers tower completely closed off?" Ephemer asked. Kamiko blinked in surprise. That was a fairly harmless question. Unless he was trying to sneak into the tower again. Kamiko had hoped he would learn his lesson from the last time.

"I've heard rumors of a secret entrance. Why? Are you trying to break in again?" Kamiko asked. Ephemer didn't jump to deny it. He more tried to defend his reasoning.

"I have a good reason! I swear!" Ephemer said quickly. Kamiko placed her hand on her hip and frowned, looking at him in disbelief. His good reasons usually consisted of him being curious.

"Oh yeah? What's your excuse?" Kamiko challenged.

"I met a girl from Unicornis. She said she had a weird dream about a room in the tower. And it kinda has to do with some of my other research." Ephemer answered, rubbing the back of his head sheepishly.

"What other research?" Kamiko asked. Ephemer looked at her and grinned hopefully. It was if he was hoping grinning would keep him from getting into trouble.

"You know, about the worlds and why unions are separate." He said, avoiding Kamiko's eyes. Kamiko sighed. Ephemer was too curious for his own good. He always managed to ask the questions that no one really had a good answer for.

"Hm, I don't know Ephemer. This is dangerous." Kamiko said. If he was caught in the tower by the wrong foreteller he was doomed. Not to mention the amount of Heartless in the tower. That was enough to overwhelm any novice wielder.

"Come on Kamiko, it'll be fine. Please tell me." Ephemer pleaded. Kamiko sighed rubbed the back of her head. If she didn't tell him, he would probably just find the entrance another way. If she did tell him, there was no doubt he would go straight into the tower.

"How about I show you?" Kamiko offered. Ephemer looked at her in confusion.

"What?" He asked.

"I'll take you to the entrance, but you have to let me go into the tunnels with you." Kamiko replied. She crossed her arms looking at Ephemer. She was grateful he was roughly the same height as her, unlike many. It would be hard to look intimidating if she was shorter.