Chapter II; Meetings in the Fountain Square

Jax gave a heavy sigh while rubbing his forehead. Espen stood before him with his arms crossed. The older keyblade wielder looked at Jax expectantly, waiting for a reply.

"Why do you need my help? Isn't this a matter you can solve amongst your own union?" Jax asked looking up at Espen with his vivid aqua colored eyes. Espen frowned and rubbed the back of his head nervously.

"Normally I'd agree with you. However, you know very well I have a hard time with him. We don't see eye to eye." Espen said. Jax sighed again looking at the ground.

"What have the other lieutenants said?" He asked.

"Kamiko and Takiko have both agreed to keep an eye out for the kid. Adiana told me she was too busy and we should handle our unions on our own." Espen replied calmly. Jax frowned thinking. Though he wasn't fond of Espen, the keyblade wielder he was trying to find wasn't too bad. He also felt equal dislike towards Adiana. Doing something she wouldn't like might annoy her, and then she'd ignore Jax, which would be a good thing.

"Fine. I'll keep an eye out for him and suggest he go find you if I see him." Jax agreed. He waved Espen off. "Now go. I have things I must do." Espen nodded and left.

"Thank you, Jax." He said as he walked down the street. Jax just rolled his eyes as he turned to go the opposite direction. His Chirithy appeared next to him, jumping up on his shoulder to keep up with Jax's movement. Jax gave the dream eater a fond smile.

"What was Espen asking?" Chirithy asked.

"He wants help finding Ephemer," Jax replied. He sighed looking down. "Ephemer is always giving Espen trouble. Then again, he's always giving everyone trouble." Chirithy nodded.

Jax continued on to the fountain square. In the square sitting at the fountain was Kamiko and Takiko. Jax paused for a moment to consider his options. Should he greet them and join their search, or just continue on without them? He sighed deciding to approach them.

He was amazed at the similarities between the two twins, though he really shouldn't have been. Both had strawberry blonde hair, though slightly different shades of color. Kamiko kept hers rather short, while Takiko allowed his to grow to a shaggy length. Both had chocolate brown eyes, though Takiko's were reminiscent of a cats. The feature was not shared by Kamiko. Their biggest difference aside from gender was the colors they wore. Kamiko wore pink and gold while Takiko wore blue and silver.

Kamiko was the first to notice Jax. She straightened up and smiled warmly at him. Jax was struck with the strange thought that she almost looked like she radiated light.

"Hey Jax, Espen ask for your help too?" Kamiko asked. Takiko glanced up at Jax and nodded in greeting. Jax nodded to Takiko in return before turning to Kamiko to answer her question.

"Yes, you two have any luck?" He replied. Kamiko shook her head with a frown.

"Nope, no sign of him." She said. She leaned back thinking. "Maybe he's out on a mission. That would explain why he's nowhere to be found." She speculated.

"Or he's just really good at avoiding Espen." Takiko suggested. Kamiko laughed at her brother's suggestion. Jax snickered a little himself. Jax's Chirithy jumped off his shoulder onto the fountain. It looked into the water with a thoughtful look.

"Wow! This is a rarity!" A familiar voice said. Jax glanced over his shoulder to see Ephemer standing there with a grin on his face. His silver hair was messy as usual. His blue eyes filled with mischief that matched his grin. "Three lieutenants all together. Something big happen?" He asked as he approached the three by the fountain.

"Nothing big has happened, at least not that we know of." Jax replied calmly. He crossed his arms as Ephemer came to a stop next to them.

"Are you sure? The foretellers seem pretty out of it." Ephemer said. He raised his eyebrows in curiosity. Jax rolled his eyes glancing away at his Chirithy. The dream eater had sat down beside Kamiko, watching the scene play out.