Daithi de Calibre (Part 2) - Unfixable

Hey, David...
Message Sent at 11:26pm

A lot has happened recently. I finally made a new friend, it's certainly been a while since that happened. I've slowly started talking to our friends again. You know Evan, Jon, Tyler... yeah those guys. You know they never really cared. They like to pretend they did but no they never did.
Message Sent at 11:30pm

David? Why did you do it? You seemed perfectly fine, it just doesn't make sense. I got over my demons by myself, so... why couldn't you?
Message Sent at 11:33pm

Please answer me. I want, no, need you to answer me. I can't accept any of this! You aren't dead! You're not...
Message Sent at 11:40pm

Please...
Message Sent at 11:40pm

Please David, I need you...
Message Sent at 11:40pm

Hey, I may not be David but it sounds like you need someone to talk to.
Message Sent at 1:02am

You aren't David? But this is his number... wait, oh why would this be his. He's dead.
Message Sent at 1:10am

Lui, right? Listen I've been seeing your texts for a long while now. I can tell how much he meant to you, but don't ever give up hope. You did just say you were beginning to talk to people again.
Message Sent at 1:11am

Why should I listen to you? You don't know me, you didn't even know David.
Message Sent at 1:15am

You're right Lui. I don't know you and I didn't know David. So tell me about you. What's your job or ya know, favorite color?
Message Sent at 1:16am

I like video games
Message Sent at 1:20am

Me too! What do you usually play?
Message Sent at 1:20am

Just random things whatever interests me.
Message Sent at 1:22am

Oh, I never told you. My name's Zoey. Obviously you're Lui but I guess you should know my name. It's only fair...
Message Sent at 1:23am

Zoey? Nice name... uh, Zoey I'm gonna go to sleep now. Sorry that I bothered you so much.
Message Sent at 1:25am

Alright Lui, goodnight. Talk to you again soon!
Message Sent at 1:25am

Weeks and months had passed on like this. Lui's occasional nightly rant pleading for David to be alive and Zoey helping Lui forget his pain. Eventually Lui brought up the idea of meeting Zoey in person. Which she did agree to in what would be 4 weeks time. Their night conversations continued even to the day they were to first meet.

Zoey? Do you think I'll get over David?
Message Sent at 12:34pm

Not sure on that one. It's all up to you Lui. No one can force you, only you.
Message Sent at 12:36pm

When will you be here again? I'm tired of wandering through my thoughts.
Message Sent at 12:36pm

I'm almost there okay. Now where are you?
Message Sent at 12:37 pm

I'm sitting at a table. I've got a red hoodie on if that helps you.
Message Sent at 12:38 pm

"It does."

Lui turned around in his seat to be met with a young woman with red curly hair and wearing a green jacket. She sat down across from him while he stared at her. She pulled out her phone and Lui soon felt his vibrate.

Well hi there Lui
Message Sent at 12:45pm

He smiled down at his phone and looked up to see Zoey looking at him with a smile.

"Nice to meet you Zoey."

For that whole day David was clear from Lui's thoughts. Even after Zoey had said goodbye to him. For once he went to sleep with a smile on his face and without texting his dead love's ild number.