New Greetings

Maggie POV
I sighed as I heald a screaming Corey that kept reaching out for Glenn to take him. I tried everything to calm him but nothing was working.

I glanced at Beth and she was handling a sniffling Aubrey who was obviously a daddy's girl. "Sing to him."

"I can't sing." I replied as I was now standing and bouncing him in my arms.

"Yes you can Maggie." She replied and smiled gently at me. I nodded and walked him to the back of the RV and sat on the bed.

I laid down so he was resting on my chest and softly hummed a song that his daddy always sang to him before he went to bed every night.

The other night dear, as I lay sleeping. I dreamed I heald you in my arms. When I awoke dear I was mistaken. So I bowed my head and I cried. You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. You make me happy when skys are grey. You'll never know dear how much I love you. Please don't take my sunshine away. I've always loved you and made you happy and nothing else could come between. But now you've left me to love another. You have shattered all my dreams. You are my sunshine my only sunshine. You make me happy when skys are grey. You'll never know dear how much I love you. So please don't take my sunshine away.

When I finished he was asleep. I smiled as I noticed that he sleeps exactly how Glenn does, lips slightly parted and softly snoring.

I gently kissed his forehead and set him in a homemade crib so he wouldn't fall if he used something to get up.

I sighed as I saw Brier cuddled up to a pillow, squeezing it as if she let go, it would be gone forever.

I gently picked her up and sat with her cuddled into my lap. I looked down at her tear stained face and wiped them away. My poor baby was crying but how did I not hear her?

I looked at Beth who was holding Aubrey that had her small arms wrapped tightly around Beth's neck and her face was buried into her shoulder.

I sent her a look of empathy,"She'll be alright."

She nodded and sighed,"We are almost there apparently. Rick just radioed in while you were with Corey."

I nodded,"There is a bed in the back if you wanted to lay her down by Corey. I was just going to put Brier down for the night."

She nodded and with that we both stood and took the sleeping children to the back of the RV. I sighed as I set her down taking in her features. Her hair has defiantly lighted a shade or two but not exactly my shade yet. She had Glenn's eyes and nose but my ears, hands, feet, and lips.

I gently stroked her long soft dark brown hair. I glanced beside her at Corey and noticed that they could almost pass for twins if they were closer in age.

******

I was constantly pacing back and forth in the RV worrying about what had gone down earlier. We drove right into the heard and lost the car.

Carol explained that she couldn't risk following them and we had turned back, heading back the way we came. I was freaking out about this. The last time we were apart we lost, our baby.

I started to panic and sat on the floor with my knees tucked into my chest and the only sounds that filled my ears were the deep and fast breaths I was taking in.

Silent tears streamed down my face as I thought about what could go wrong with them being stuck. I could never loose him, he meant too much to me and the kids.

"Maggie what's the matter?" I looked up to see Beth crouching in front of me.

"I-I," I couldn't finish as a whimper escaped my chapped lips.