Chapter 3: Playa, Playa

*** I just realized the first of the school year, isn't basketball season. So... let's fast forward to November! Lmao, I'm sorry. Bare with me y'all.

Ronny's POV

It was game time. The team was in the locker room as Coach Land started giving us a pep talk.

"Alright boys, this is the first game of the season. Let's make it count. Win or lose, I'll be proud. But I want y'all to get out there and play some ball, some damn good ball."

Our captain, Jerrod, place his hand in the middle of the huddle we were in.

One by one, we stacked our hands.

"Cougars on 3. 1, 2, 3..."

"COUGARS!" We shouted together and patted each other on the back before sprinting out onto the court.

I caught a glimpse of my friends and family and waved.

The crowd was wildin on both sides. We were playing the Falcons tonight.

Jarred and the other team's captain stood in the center as we all surrounded the ref. The ref threw the ball, and the Falcons caught it. Then we were off.

Candace's POV

I was up, screaming Ronny's name at the top of my lungs, but I wasn't the only one and it really irked my nerves.

I looked down the row at Keyshia, then two stands up it was two twins giving me an ugly look.

I slid my jacket off slowly and made sure the girls behind me could see my shirt.

They rolled their eyes and sat down.

I looked back to see Ronny with the ball and dribbling down the court. He stopped and took a shot. It went it the net and we all cheered.

"That's my grandbaby!" Granny yelled.

Then game went on and we won. The score was 47-33.

The teams slapped hands to show their sportsmanships before returning to their side of the gym.

We all met Ronny on the court. He picked up Ryan. "Thank y'all for coming to my game." He said.

"You did a great job baby." Ms. Yolanda told him.

"Just like your daddy." Granny smiled.

"Y'all did good out there today." Quan said.

Jon Jon nodded in agreement. "Yall gave them a run for they money. But aye, how bout we go celebrate?"

"Yeah," Lena charmed in, "let's go get something to eat."

"Can I come?" Ryan asked Ronny.

"Not this time. Next time, I promise."

She rolled her eyes.

"Come on Ryan, you still got homework to do anyway." Ms. Yolonda told her. She, along with Granny and Ryan, waved and said she'd see us later.