Chapter 11: They Know

Candace's POV

Ronny dropped me off at the hospital before going on his job interview.

Before going back to my dad's room. I called Lena.

"Hello?"

"Girl."

"Spill."

"No, tell me how the trip is going first." I teased.

"Candace, don't play with me. What's going on?"

"You know last night was Ronny's party."

"Mhmm."

"So we were having a great time, but then I got a call about my dad passing out. I'm at the hospital now."

"Is he alright?"

"Yeah, he had surgery earlier. Everything is fine now. But Jon Jon is the one who brought me to the hospital."

"Okay.."

"I was spazzing, then all of a sudden he kissed me!"

Lena coughed. "Stop lying."

"I'm not! I didn't kiss him back, but I feel weird about the whole thing."

"Did you tell Ronny?"

"No! I want to, but I don't know how. He and Jon Jon are more like brothers than friends."

"Jon Jon is the one who put it in jeopardy when he kissed you. So tell him."

I sighed. "But-"

"Candace."

"Okay! Damn.. I will."

Ronny's POV

After my interview at the construction site, I went over to the trap. Man, it's been a long time since I've been over here.

I went in and all weapons were aimed at me. When they saw that it was me, everybody dropped their weapons and laughed.

"It's just Ronny." Bunk said. He was the first to dap me up. "Wassup Yung Buck?"

"Sup Bunk."

"What brings you by?"

"Just wanted to visit the old stomping ground and talk to my boys."

He nodded. "But good to see you."

"You too, Bunk." I nodded before going into the office.

When I went in the office, Quan was taking a nap on the couch and Jon Jon was on his phone.

"So this what y'all do all damn day?" I laughed, hitting Quan upside the head.

He groaned before sitting up. "What you want?"

"I called you nigga, why you ain't answer phone?"

"Cause I was working. But you can't relate."

"Throwing slugs, huh? I just came from an interview and it's looking pretty good."