Chapter 14: Caught Up

Ronny's POV

I decided to skip first period and go to the gym and shoot some hoops. I knew I couldn't smoke a blunt since I didn't have one on me. So hoopin' is the next best thing.

Coach Land spotted me about 15 minutes later and came out his office. He sat on the bench and I sat next to him.

"What's going on?"

I held my head. "Supposedly, I got a chick pregnant... and she's not my girl."

Coach Land shook his head. "What did your girl say?"

"Haven't had the chance to tell her. I literally just found out. I don't think I can face her next period."

"Be a man and own up to your mistakes."

"I don't even remember sleeping with that girl, on everything Coach."

"It doesn't matter because either way you slept with her, unprotected at that, and now here is the consequence. "

"I'm tryna change Coach, then here goes the same shit."

"That's life, son. One lesson after another. You may be trying to change, but you're putting up with the same things."

"Yeah, I guess you're right." I should've kicked Keyshia out the minute she stepped foot in my house.

He patted my shoulder. "Go get freshened up before the bell. Tell your girlfriend the truth, it'll set you free if nothing else goes the way you want it."

I nodded and headed to the locker room. I wiped my face with a towel and put on some deodorant. Just as I wrapped up, the bell rang.

I took a deep breath before going in the halls. I went to math class and Candace was already there. I sat next her.

Ms. Austin walked in the room and her attitude was already through the roof. "Not today you two." She yelled.

"We ain't even did nothing." I protested.

"Don't talk back to me! As a matter of fact, move. Go sit next to Tony."

I smacked my lips when got up. "You need some dick." I mumbled. I dapped Tony up. He was on the basketball team, so I wasn't really tripping.

"Aye, I heard Ms. A going through it. Some the teachers been talking and said she going through a divorce cause her husband always cheating." He whispered.

"Shit, no wonder she mad me and my baby always caked up."

I can't lie, getting moved eased my mind a little. All the anxiety I would've been feeling all period, slightly went away.

Ms. Austin started her lecture and I tried my best to pay attention.
~
Lunch rolled around and my mouth only moved when I put food in it.

"Why you so quiet?" Quan asked.

I shrugged. "Ain't got much to say today."

"Aww hell, what did you do?"

"Nothing. Just not my day."

Then Lena and Candy came and sat down.

Lena went on and on about a dude on the basketball team and wanted me to hook them up.