Chapter 10: Secrets

Ronny's POV

I woke up with a massive headache. I knew I was hungover. I sat up slowly and something hot pink slid down my chest.

I picked it up and looked at it closely. My eyes widened with shock. "Oh no... CANDACE!" I yelled.

"Guess again." Keyshia appeared from the bathroom with my shirt on.

I shook my head viciously. "Nah, you gotta get the fuck up outta here."

"You wasn't saying none of that shit last night." She said, coming closer to the bed.

I threw her panties at her along with a pillow. "I don't know what I said last night. But right now I'm saying get yo shit, and bounce."

She gathered all her clothes and headed for the door.

"Hol' up." I said.

She turned around quickly.

"Ima need my shirt back."

She rolled her eyes and scurried out the door.

"Keyshia!" I yelled after her. I heard the door slam and I knew she was gone. I checked my phone.

From Candy Girl 🍫🔐❣️; I can't sleep. Try to go to church for me if you can. Daddy's got surgery in the morning. 2:17 AM

Shit. I thought to myself. I hurried and took a shower long enough to get the smell of perfume off. I took off my sheets and threw them in the washing machine.

I looked for my keys and rushed out the door. While on the way to the hospital, I called Quan twice and got no answer.

I hit the steering wheel out of frustration. "Ight Ronny, get yo shit together. Go in there and tell her what happened. Even if you don't really know..."

I turned off the car and went in the double doors. I turned the corner and seen Candace with her head in her lap and her leg bouncing up and down.

I touched her back gently and she jumped. When she saw it was me, she stood and hugged me.

"I'm so glad you're here." She mumbled into my chest.

"What's Mr. B doing in surgery?"

"They're tryna get his heartbeats to regulate." I could tell by the look on her face that she was scared.

"He's gonna be fine, Candy."

"I know, it's just hard to keep my mind from wandering to what could happen... I'm sorry I had to leave you last night."

"Your pops comes first, in this case. It's all good."

"How'd everything turn out?" She asked.

I shrugged as guilt rushed all over my body. "It would've been a whole lot different if you were there."

"I hope you turnt up for both of us." Candace smiled.

"Yeah.. I gotta tell you something."

"What is it?"

"I don't know what happened, but la-"

"Family of Frank Baker."