Chapter Four: Annabeth and Marium roast Each Other (Not Literally)

Octavian watched the girl as she walked out of the room, leaving him with the orange camp t-shirt and the jeans. He tried to remember her name, and he believed it was mentioned earlier. Rebecca? Reilly? No, Rachel. That was it.

He looked at the clothing in his hands. Of course he didn't want to wear the stupid infirmary white shirt and pants, but at the same time he didn't want to wear the orange shirt. He felt like he would be betraying everything he had worked for; even if he didn't know what that was.

Octavian took off the infirmary pants and put on the jeans he was given, but he kept on the white shirt. He set the orange shirt on his bed, and turned to follow the others.

He was amazed at just about everything. The camp was fairly big, and there were shrines everywhere. Octavian felt pleased at this, he felt good knowing that the gods were being worshipped. He followed everyone to the mess hall, where everyone was gathering for dinner. He was very cautious to make sure no one could recognize who he was.

He noticed Rachel chatting with a tall blonde haired boy with a tan and in an orange t-shirt. He looked a bit annoyed, and Rachel noticed Octavian and gestured him to come over by them. Octavian did so, but with slight hesitation.

"Will, this is Octavian as you know." Rachel sighed. She looked at Octavian as to say, why aren't you wearing the orange shirt?

Will studied Octavian. "So he doesn't remember who he is?"

Rachel started to say something, but Octavian cut in. "I know I'm a Legacy of Apollo, Roman, and that my name is Octavian." He said boldly. "I just don't remember a lot about my past at the moment, why everyone seems to hate me, and why the heck everyone keeps calling me augur!"

"Because before you died," Will said like he was talking to a little kid, "You were an augur, and if that vocabulary is too big for your tiny brain then I'll make it simple for you. You use to murder teddy bears to tell the future."

Octavian blinked a couple of times. Memories flooded his NOT tiny brain, but they were too dim to get a good grasp on them. He looked at his belt, expecting to see his gold knife, but there was no knife there.

"W-where's my knife?" Octavian asked, a bit nervous, strange enough. He felt strangely close to that knife.

"Right here." The creepy boy with pale skin and black clothing walked up to him, casually holding Octavian's gold knife, "But should we really trust you with a knife?" He smirked.

Rachel couldn't help smirking and Octavian folded his arms. "Just give me the knife, di Angelo." He said angrily, and didn't even realize what he said until he said them. "I—" He stuttered realizing that Will, Rachel and Nico di Angelo were glancing at each other nervously.

Nico tossed Octavian his gold knife. "Nice scar, by the way." He frowned and walked off.

Octavian touched the scar on his face which he had gotten from the empousai. He had a feeling it wouldn't be going away anytime soon.

Octavian picked up his knife and attached it to his belt. Octavian heard a horn being blown, signaling dinner.

"Come with me." Will said to Octavian as they started to walk towards a long table where numerous kids were sitting. Octavian realized that more people were sitting at some tables than others. He noticed the Percy kid go and sit at a table by himself, and that the girl who slapped him sat at a grander table with the old man; or maybe it was someone different, because now he had a horse lower half. He noticed the Roman kid with glasses and blonde hair go sit at a table near Percy's, stealing glances at the girl with color changing eyes at a table full of girls who looked like the ones you see in teen movies.