Chapter Seven: Capture the Flag

Dinner went fairly well for Octavian. Nobody bugged him because they had decided to ignore him and focus on much more exciting things as capture the flag. News had got around though that Octavian had challenged Percy to a duel. People didn't acknowledge this much though. They thought Octavian was stupid for trying to beat the great Percy Jackson.

Even though the meal was good, Octavian was far too busy strategizing to think about how good it tasted. He didn't know who would be on his team, but he was determined to beat Percy at capture the flag. He ran through many strategies he could try, though he didn't know why the strategies came so easily to him. He felt like he had studied them a lot somewhere.

Finally, Chiron made the announcement.

"For capture the flag tonight, we have decided we shall do Greeks vs. Romans!"

There was some cheering, and some friends who turned to each other and said playfully, "You're going down!" (Such as Jason Grace and the Piper Mclean girl).

Some people looked at Octavian. Octavian knew what side he was on, and felt proud. At least he wouldn't have to fight with the Greeks.

After dinner finished, everyone started gathering weapons. Octavian grabbed a simple helmet, and made sure he had his dagger. He then went to go meet up with the other Romans.

"Okay Legion," Reyna, the Praetor of Rome said. Beside her was the Chinese Canadian man, the other praetor of Rome. "This is like our War Games back at our Camp. We get to their base, steal their flag, and get it back to our side of the field."

"We already knew that, Reyna." A girl piped up, but then put her hand of her mouth, like she wasn't supposed to interrupt.

"I know." Reyna smirked slightly. "I was saying that for some of 'newcomers.'"

Some people snickered at this. Octavian crossed his arms angrily. By 'newcomers' she meant him.

"So the plan," The other praetor started, "We hide the flag around an area not in the center, but not all the way out to one side. We put a few people in the center to guard our 'flag' to confuse them. Then we put some troops guarding where the actual flag is."

"First and second cohorts will lead the attack." Reyna said. "Third through fifth will be right behind as reserves. Of course some of you will come with me as a side attack to so we can surround the enemy."

Octavian bit his lip. He had an idea, but of course he didn't want to draw too much attention to himself.

"Sounds great Reyna." Jason smiled. "Let's do this!"

There was a cheer and Reyna smiled. The group of demigods headed into the woods. The other Praetor and some others hid the flag, and Octavian was following Reyna, trying to get her attention.

"Uh, Praetor Reyna I—" Octavian started but Reyna interrupted.

"You go to the front line for the forces." She said without even looking at him. "Stay out of my way, and just try to win a fight for once."

Octavian glared. "I've got a plan though."

Reyna sighed, slightly amused, but also angry. She turned to face him, her arms crossed. "I already have a plan. I've used it many times against my enemies and its worked fine."

"There's one thing you could change." Octavian spat. "Just hear me out, okay?"

Reyna rolled her eyes. "Fine. But make it quick."

Octavian took a deep breath. "The flaw in the plan is that you don't have a distraction. Sure you've got the sneak in and attack team, but without the distraction, the whole point of the sneak in and attack falls apart."