Hot N Cold

Going to the stadium the night before a game was nothing new for Isaac.

It was tradition almost. It always helped him to clear his head and eliminate unnecessary stress.

The gridiron was his safe haven.

However, he usually didn't make it a habit of going to the field around eleven something at night.

A good night's rest was integral to a stellar performance, but glancing at the big 11:30 on his phone let him know he definitely would be in a for a rude awakening tomorrow morning.

Yet, he made no effort to move and had no desire to leave.

He was at home.

"Isaac?"

Or not.

Looking to his right, he was met with the little minx he had gone a record five hours not thinking about.

For a minute, he considered ignoring her, but realized being an a*shole wasn't something he was up for at the moment.

He decided to play nice.

"What the hell are you doing here?"

Or not.

She rolled her eyes and made her way over by him and plopped down, leaving generous space between the two.

Gesturing with her chin to the gridiron, she pointed out Dana who was currently running laps.

"She felt like going for a run."

"This late?" He turns to look at her with confusion.

She shrugs, suddenly pulling out a large sketchbook and pencil. "It helps clear her head."

"But this late?" He repeats, not understanding how he seems to be the only one seeing an issue with two college coeds being out so late.

"And here I was thinking you had more than five words in your vocabulary," she sighs dramatically, and shakes her head.

"I can think of two more," he counters. "Representing a gesture you yourself made to me, if I remember correctly."

"Grudges aren't healthy Troy Bolton."

"And here I was thinking you actually knew my name."

She smiles at him and not a fake or sarcastic smile either. It's genuine and even with the dim lighting of the stadium, Isaac notices a small dimple in her left cheek.

Then, the smile starts to dissolve as she chooses her next words carefully.

"Well, clearly there's a lot about you I don't know."

He knows what she's referring to, but truth be told, neither know where the hell all of this docility is coming from. Just hours ago, they were ready to come guns blazing for each other. They each wanted an explanation for what had transpired on Tuesday evening. But, neither brought up the event. Instead, they were actually having a decent conversation. It was like Wednesday's incident never happened.

There truly is a God.

"Something the smarta*s doesn't know? I'm shocked." He jokes and laughs as she slaps him on his arm.

"Don't make me hurt you Bolton," she threatens, half serious and half joking. Isaac is grateful she doesn't push the subject and in return, decides to keep their recurring joke going.