Chapter 2

Adriana Valentine

~

I arrived at Olive Garden with Riley to get this lunch over with. "Are you okay, Adri?" I turned off the car and sighed deeply. "To be honest, no. I just want to spend time with Joe. He leaves tomorrow for some shows on the West Coast. He won't be back until next week." I closed my eyes and threw my head back on the seat. "Let's go. I just want to see what he has to say." "I should have stayed home." I shook my head and got out with him. We walked in and the hostess walked us to the back, which had an awesome view of the beach. "Hey, beautiful." He squeezed me tightly and kissed my cheek. "What's up, Riley?" He ruffled his hair and pulled out a chair for me. "I'm good. Just tired from practice. I have wrestling workouts in a couple of weeks. We had a meeting yesterday and Coach expects a lot out of us this year. I know last year, they went to state and won. I'm pretty excited." He smiled and I proudly kissed his forehead. "Good, man. I'm gonna teach you some wrestling techniques. I still know some moves on the mat." I sat up straight and my eyes got wide. "Heck no, Ryan! You almost broke his neck last year! You're twice his size!" I shook my head and scoffed. I felt my phone buzz, so I looked in my purse as the guys talked. It's from Joe. I immediately felt myself blushing as I opened it. "Baby, I miss you already. Hurry up, please." I smiled and replied back, "Sweetheart, don't worry. I'm gonna get home soon. I miss you too, Joe." I locked my phone as soon as the waiter walked up to us.

Joe Anoa'i

~

I have to get something for her before she gets back. I know she would love flowers. I have to get her something to remind her of me. A beautiful ring or bracelet for my woman. I jumped up a little too fast and bumped my knee on her table. I grabbed the keys to her Range Rover and headed to Tampa for a stop at Kay's Jewelers. A short, dark haired girl approached me and squealed. "Oh my gosh, you're Roman Reigns!! It's an honor to meet you! Marc told me you called earlier to pick out a ring for someone special. Follow me." I smiled at her and she led me to a display glass full of huge diamomd rings. "By the way, my name is Anne." I shook her hand and she smiled excitedly. I don't know about this. She loves jewelry and huge rings, but these are too big. "How much does this one cost?" I pointed at the one they already had out. "$20,000." I felt my eyes bulge out and my jaw drop. She let out a laugh and pulled out more rings. "This one is new, actually. You're the first person to see this. It's a simple, yet gorgeous center diamond engagement ring. It costs about $5,000. Is that okay?" I nodded and exhaled. "Yes, I'm sure this is the one. I know it isn't much, but this is a temporary ring. I'm gonna get something way bigger whenever she wants it." Anne placed her hand on her chest and smiled while putting the ring box in the bag. "I wish my boyfriend was like that. Ryan doesn't care at all." I furrowed my eye brows as she handed me the little bag. "Ryan? Hm, not to be too personal, but what's his last name?" "Reeves. You know him, I'm sure." I looked down and shook my head as I walked out. "Thank you for stopping by, Mr. Reigns. If you ever come back, just ask for Anne! Bye!" I waved at her and walked out quickly. I made a quick stop to a floral shop to get Adriana's roses. I have to tell her about this. She said something about Olive Garden, so I decided to head there. I trust her with my life. I knew something was up with him. I wanted to call her, but she beat me to it. "Baby, I need you." "What's wrong? Baby, did Ryan try something?" I groaned as she sniffled. "Yeah, he did. Riley went to the beach to talk to some of his teammates while Ryan and I continued to talk. He pushed me into a bathroom and tried to rape me. Joe, Riley saved my life. I'm at home now, so don't worry." I sped up as I approached her neighborhood. "Babe, I'm about to pull in your driveway. Stay where you are." "Okay, I love you so much." "I love you more." She hung up and I threw my phone in the passenger seat. Once I pulled in the garage, I quickly turned off the car and ran upstairs to be with the love of my life. "Adriana, are you okay? I'm so sorry." I kneeled on the floor and ran my fingers through her hair. "I'm fine. It was overwhelming, though. I'm so glad Riley came. Who knows what he would have done." I kissed her lips softly and she smiled weakly. "I have something for you. It's in the car, though. I'll be back." I quickly walked downstairs and got the flowers and ring from the car. She was sitting up and running her hand through her hair. "Baby, you shouldn't have." She said softly as placed the flowers on her nightstand. I pulled the ring box from my pocket and got on one knee. She gasped and smiled softly. "Adriana, I'm not asking you to marry me yet. I will wait for you. So, this is a promise ring. A promise to keep me in your life and to not give up on us. I hope we can get married in the next year or so." She giggled and held her left hand out. "Okay, you got me. I love you." I kissed her as I slid the ring on. "You're so incredible, Joe. You're nothing like Ryan." She whispered against my lips and kissed me again. "He's dead to me." I growled and rested my forehead on hers. "You don't deserve that. Has he tried that in the past?" She nodded her head and sighed. "Baby. I'm sorry." She nodded and pulled me into bed with her. "Joe, I want something from you." I furrowed my eye brows and sat up. "What is it, baby?" "I want to have your children."