Can't Move On (Roman Reigns/Ryback Love Triangle Fan Fic)

Adriana Valentine

~

Back in 2003, I met the greatest guy in the world. His name is Leati Anoa'i and now he wrestles under the name of Roman Reigns. We broke up over something that could have been fixed, but I was too stubborn to listen. We were perfect together, honestly. He moved away to Georgia to go to school and play football. His family still considers me family and I love them. His mom let me know that he was back in Florida around 2010 and I was actually excited. But, I was in a relationship. I'm a huge wrestling fan, actually, and I saw him and two other guys attack Ryback at Survivor Series in 2012. I'll never forget that night. It just so happens that Ryback, or Ryan Reeves, is my ex and we were starting our relationship over at that time. It was really awkward for me, but I couldn't take my eyes off of Joe. My nephew was confused, but he was fascinated with these guys. He always loved Ryan. Once Joe looked up, we had prolonged eye contact and his face softened up. Seth and Dean pulled him away and he turned back around. I looked over at Ryan and my heart shattered in pieces. He looked bad. My nephew, Riley, looked at me and shook his head angrily. I looked back at Joe and I noticed that he was still staring at me. "Is that Joseph?" I looked at my mom and nodded slowly. "He looks good. Really good." I nodded again and they disappeared into the crowd. Ryan was starting to get up and he walked over to me slowly. "Are you okay, Ry?" He nodded and put his hand on Riley's head. He pecked my lips and walked away as the crowd clapped for him.

2013

After that, I never really heard from Joe. Now, I'm a single woman raising my only nephew in Saint Petersburg, Florida. He's growing faster than ever and he's so respectful.  He recently turned fourteen years old. My mom died earlier this year, about a week before my 28th birthday. We we're supposed to move into bigger house, but I'm still living in my townhouse. I'm thankful that we aren't struggling financially. But, the funeral costs were ridiculous. It was a tough time for us, because she was my best friend. My sister is in the military and should be back home in a couple of weeks. Riley and Ava are my only family. Besides Joe's family. To get Riley's mind off of everything's that's going on, I took him to the beach with my good friend, Kevin. He wrestles as Alex Riley and he's actually really talented. He always told Riley that he would train him once he gets old enough. Kevin and I have gotten really close as of lately. He's been my support system through out this whole year. "Riley, buddy, can you hand me my bag? I need to apply sunscreen to you guys." He handed it to me and laid on his stomach just like his "best friend" and twin, Kevin. "Thanks, sweetheart. Alright, who's first?" Kevin smirked at me and I slapped his arm playfully. Okay, I have a little crush on him. He's so out of my league, though. "Okay, Riley, you're first!" Kevin laughed and I started applying it to his back and legs. "Okay, all done. I guess Kevin's next. Riley, you can get in the water. Just be careful." I smirked and sat on his butt to rub in the sun screen. "Adriana, gosh. That feels great, babe." My heart fluttered, but he didn't make me feel the way Joe or Ryan did. "Really? Let me get your stomach, then." He turned over and smiled at me. I felt myself blush really hard as I rubbed over his rock hard abs. "I bet those girls over there are getting the wrong message." He shrugged and placed his hands on my waist. "Let them, Adriana. I don't care. You look better than half of those toothpicks." I rolled off of him and laid beside him with my leg on his. He rested his hand near my butt and I stretched my arm across his stomach. "This feels right." I nodded and looked up at him. "You know, you're extremely gorgeous. I don't know why Ryan even broke up with you. You're such a sweetheart." He kissed the top of my head and sighed. "What's wrong?" I sat up and looked at him with furrowed eyebrows. "I can't do this. I have to go." I bit my lip and nodded. "Care to tell me why?" I didn't mean to have that much attitude in my voice. It's not like we're together. "It's Joe. He's my boy and I can't do this to him." That took me by surprise and I was at a loss for words for the first time. "But we aren't together! Why does it matter if he cares!?" He slipped his shirt on and stood up. "I need time to think. I like you. I really like you, but I'm not supposed to. He still has feelings for you and he wants to see you." "Why would I want to see him?" He looked at me and shook his head playfully. "He told me everything. He still loves you after all of these years." I sighed and looked out at Riley to see if he's okay. "Tell him to come to my place. I believe he knows where it is." I looked back up at him and stood up also. "I'm gonna take Riley back home and get started on dinner. I'll see you later." He hugged me tightly and kissed my forehead before walking away. "Riley, come on!" He started walking towards me and dried himself off. "I have someone coming over tonight, so we have to get home. Get your things." I told him sweetly before kissing the top of his head. I grabbed my bag and towel, walking back to the car.

~

It's going on 7 and I was halfway done with dinner before Joe arrived. He called me right when we got home from the beach and I felt those butterflies all over again. He made me laugh so hard and it felt good. "Adri, I'm gonna go next door. I need to get my cleats from Josh for practice." I nodded and once he opened the door, Ryan was standing there. "Hey, Riley! What's up, man?" They shook hands and Riley moved out of the way to let him in. "Nothing, man. I'm just getting my cleats from my friend. I'll be right back." He closed the door behind him and I turned to face Ryan. "Hey, baby. What's up?" "Don't call me that. I'm not your baby." I started to set the table and pull out glasses. "Don't be so hostile, Adriana. I know we ended on a bad note, but don't do this." I handed him a glass of our favorite wine and sat on the counter. "Didn't you know how much I loved you!? I honestly gave you everything! Every part of me! You broke my heart and I couldn't take it! I wasn't gonna sit around and act like we were perfect!" I put my glass down and sighed. "I know that and I'm sorry!" He walked over to me and pushed my hair back. The touch of his fingers still gives me goosebumps. "I still love you. You were the greatest lover I've ever had. I want to marry you. I don't know what I was thinking, honestly." I don't know what I see in him. I just think he's so cute. You can't judge me. "Can we talk about this tomorrow? I have someone coming over and we're having dinner." He nodded and grabbed his keys before giving me a kiss. "I'll call you tomorrow afternoon. I love you." "Go, Ryan." I said playfully annoyed and waved. I smiled and turned back to preparing my salad. Riley walked in with Joe about ten minutes later and I felt my heart flutter. Riley went upstairs and Joe bit his lip nervously. "Hey, beautiful." Joe walked slowly over to me and wrapped his arms around me tightly. It was the first hug we've had in about eight years. "You look great, Joe." I smiled and hugged him again. "I missed you like crazy." He ran his fingers through my hair and kissed my forehead. "Aw, I've missed you, too. I've been seeing you a lot lately, also. The Shield, huh?" I smiled and led him to the couch. "You guys are a huge deal, Joe. I love it, though. Seeing you in all black makes those girls go crazy." He raised one eye brow and smirked. It took everything in me to not jump his bones right then and there. "What about you? Does it make you go crazy?" I sat back and put my finger on my lips. "Well, Ambrose is actually pretty cute." He made a shocked face and I laughed. "You're cute, too. Don't worry." I grabbed his hand and rubbed it. He looked into my eyes and started to move closer to me. I took a deep breath before he moved in to kiss me. Once our lips touched, I felt myself get really hot right away. He started taking off my cardigan and I ran my fingers through his hair. He put his hand up my shirt and I pulled back and moaned softly. He knows this gets me everytime. It's like we never lost a beat. "We shouldn't do this yet." I laughed softly at the sight of smudged lipstick on his lips. He growled lowly as I wiped it off. "Sorry, sweetheart, sorry. I know you hated that." I laughed and kissed him again, but I didn't get much on him this time. "Are you hungry?" "I'm starving, actually." He stood up and stepped directly in front of me. I lifted my hands up and he pulled me up. I led him to the table and he looked amazed at what he was about to eat. I had to get sushi for him. He kissed me before pulling out a chair for me. I thanked him and he sat down next to me, pretty much inhaling his food. I laughed and finished up my food after him. "There's dessert, too." I raised my eye brows a couple of times and licked my teeth. "Is it you?" He smirked and laughed. "If you want me to be your dessert." I stood up and walked to the fridge to get the cheesecake I made. "I have strawberries, too. I just don't see- Riley." I made a mad face before getting a fork for him. "I'm gonna get him. I told him not to use all of them." I sat back and sighed. He reached over for my hand and rubbed it. "It's delicious. Don't worry, baby." I felt my cheeks getting red after he said that. He sounded so sexy. "Why are you so hot?" I said without thinking and didn't regret it at all. "Well, I'm Samoan." He smiled and I laughed before taking a sip of my wine. I missed this. I wish we would have worked our problems out. We probably would have been married and had a bunch of kids by now. He's absolutely incredible and beautiful, inside and out. He wouldn't even hurt a bug. "I missed you so much. I still love you." I whispered loudly enough for him to hear and he sat back. I knew I shouldn't have said anything, but whatever. "I still love you too, baby." I smiled softly and stood up with him, hungrily attacking his lips. I think tonight is the beginning of a fresh start.