Chapter 7

Adriana Valentine

~

"Babe! Hurry up! We have to go!" I ran downstairs and fixed my dress before following him out the door. "Joe, why are you rushing me?" I gave him an annoyed face and put on my seat belt. "You won't give me that face once you see your surprise." I groaned and he laughed as he pulled out. "Riley, tell me." "Nope, that will ruin the surprise!" "I hate you guys." "We love you too!" I laughed and shook my head slowly. I looked over at Joe and smiled to myself. I have such a great guy. He's good looking, also. "What are you staring at?" He glanced at me with a smile on his face. "You're so cute. God, I'm so lucky." He smiled and kissed my hand while pulling into a gated neighborhood. "Um, where are we?" "Home." Riley patted my shoulder and I looked up at Joe. "He's right. You're not going crazy, baby. I bought us a house." He pulled into the driveway and I freaked out on the inside. Riley opened my door and led me into the house. I gasped and squealed before jumping into Joe's arms. "I love you. I swear, I'm so lucky." I pulled back and kissed him.

~

"I'm gonna go up to my room if you guys need me." He ran upstairs and I looked back at Joe. "Let's go to our room. You're probably gonna freak." He led me to two big doors and opened them slowly. I walked around the room slowly and laughed at the pictures of us on the walls. "We were such dorks. What the hell?" He rubbed my back and kissed my neck. "Where did you get these from?" "My mom. She has a bunch of them in a photo album." I shook my head and laughed loudly. "What is wrong with that woman? I swear, she is the best." "She is. If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't have even attempted to see you. I was afraid of you turning me down." I turned around and kissed him. "No, I missed you too much to do that. I wouldn't have done that. I'm not that mean." He sighed and kissed my forehead, holding me close to him and occasionally kissing my neck.

~

"I got a call from Ava earlier. She wants to spend time with Riley." He furrowed his eye brows and sat on the very comfy looking lounge chair. "Yeah, I told her it's up to him. She got mad and shit, so I hung up. I don't want him around her when she's like this." I sat on the bed and kicked off my heels. "You're doing the right thing, baby. Don't sweat it." I bit my lip and nodded slowly. "I'm just worried about Riley. I don't want him to end up screwed up like his fucking parents. His dad is some fucking drug dealer back in Ohio and his mom is a damn alcoholic. I want him to grow up and to be proud of himself. He told me that he wants to be a veterinarian. I am so proud of him. He knows what he wants to do and I love it! I just don't want Ava waltzing back in here and trying to take him away from me. He's my life and I promised my mom that I would take care of him." I sighed and rested my head in my hand. "I'm such a mess. Riley is such a great kid. He shouldn't have to go through this." Joe sat beside me and pulled me into his lap. "You're great. You're a great mother figure to him and he loves you. Don't worry about Ava. She's not a threat to us." I nodded and relaxed as he kissed my neck.

~

"Can I come in?" "Yeah!" Riley walked in and sat on the lounge chair. "I want to be with my family. I was bored up there." He looked at me and smiled. "Can I tell you two something?" "Of course you can." He closed his eyes and exhaled sharply. "I want to see my mom." I felt my heart drop into my stomach and I ran into the bathroom. "Adriana! Come out, please." I sat on the lounge chair and looked out the window. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you. I just want to tell her that I want her out of my life completely. That's all." I got off of the seat and unlocked the door before sitting down again. They walked in slowly and Riley sat beside me as Joe sat on the counter. "I'm sorry about hurting you. I know how you feel about her. I love you, Adriana." I nodded and he rested his head on my shoulder. "I love you too, Riley." I looked up at Joe and smiled. "I love you, Joseph." He walked over to peck my lips and smiled. "I love you more, babe." He walked out and Riley huffed. "I hope this is a good idea." "I'm sure it is. Don't worry about anything. We have your back, anyways." He nodded and stood up. "I'm gonna go workout. Feel free to join me." "We have a gym, too?" He laughed and nodded. "It's connected to the house. It's huge!" He walked out and I went back to the bed with Joe. "I like this place so far." He moved his hand down to my butt and kissed me. "You haven't seen the rest of it. I know you're tired, so I'll show you around later on." I nodded and kissed him softly. "Nap time." He nodded and blinked slowly. "I'm tired. I'm so tired." He drifted off to sleep and I watched him before falling asleep as well. 

-

Sorry about the short update. I'll try to post a longer chapter later on! I love you! :)