Chapter 11

Adriana Valentine

~

It's been two months since Riley passed and we've been getting by. Joe is better and we're even closer than ever. Our wedding date is approaching and I've been so busy with everything! "Joe, babe! Do you have your dress shoes?" He ran downstairs and shook his head frantically. I laughed and dangled them in front of his face. "Be careful next time! Our wedding is in two weeks and you can't even keep up with your shoes." He grabbed them and smiled before kissing me. "I'm sorry, babe. I've been busy lately. It won't happen again." I nodded and smacked his butt before he walked away. My phone went off and I reluctantly answered it. "Yes, sister?" "I need cake. A lot of it. Could you-" "Yes, Ava. I will buy you a cake from your favorite bakery." She squealed happily and I smiled. "I love you, Adriana! I'll see you soon!" "Love you too, Ava." I sat my phone down and looked through some more pictures of Joe and me from YEARS ago. "Is that from our first date?" I looked up and smiled at Joe before nodding. He had his arm around my waist, looking down at me as I looked up at him with my face scrunched up. We looked so cute and happy together. "Adri, you look so adorable." He chuckled and kissed my cheek as he sat down. "Where are you going?" He finished tying his shoe and picked up his phone. "Cross fit with Colby and Jon. I'll be back in two hours. I love you so much." "I love you more. Tell them I said hey!" He winked and grabbed his keys from the counter. I jumped up and did the same, following him into the garage. "Do you want the Range Rover today? I'll take the Audi." I tossed him the keys and he kissed me before getting in the truck. "I'm going over to Ava's for a little bit. I'll be home before you, probably." I kissed him one last time before getting in my car.

~

After picking up Ava's red velvet cake, I dropped it off and stayed to talk for a couple of hours. She's still recovering from losing Riley. Who could blame her? He was a special kid. "Adri, I'm sorry about Riley. I didn't know he had a heart problem. I guess I missed a lot." She sighed sadly and sat her plate on the table. "We wouldn't be going through this right now. The pretending. The fake smiles. I hate it. I miss my boy." Ava looked at me and I shook my head. "You never gave a shit about that boy! I broke my back for him and you just waltz back in to take him back? Fuck you, Ava!" I stood up and walked out the house angrily. She didn't even care about him! What the hell? "Adriana, wait! Come back in!" I shook my head and quickly sped off down the road. My phone started ringing and I answered it quickly. "Joe. I can't handle this anymore. All of the pretending is killing me. I can't do it anymore." He sighed and I turned into our neighborhood. "Just stay calm, babe. I'll see you in a little bit. I love you." "I love you too, Joe." I hung up and threw my phone in the passenger seat. I just want my boy back and I want everything to go back to normal. 

~

"Adriana, baby, you really think she had something to do with his death?" I nodded and groaned loudly. "All of this stress is not good for your condition. You have to calm down." "Okay, I will. I just want justice for my Riley. It's not fair. He was a great kid and he always had a smile on his face. There will never be another Riley." He pulled me into his chest and kissed the top of my head. "I love you, Adriana. You'll always have me." I looked up at him and kissed his cheek. "I love you more, Joe. I'm glad I found you again. Well, technically, you found me. Anyways, I'm glad we're back together. After all of those years, I never got over you." I pecked his lips and rested my head on his chest. "I'm happy with you. You make me happy." I felt him smile and his heart beat quickened. "I can't wait until we're Mr. and Mrs. Leati Anoa'i." I looked back up at him and kept my lips close to his. "Mr. and Mrs. Leati Anoa'i." I hugged him and he smiled into the kiss, making my heart melt.

-

I'M SORRY ABOUT ABANDONING YOU GUYS. I STILL LOVE YOU AND I HOPE YOU STILL LOVE ME. :) I've literally been overwhelmed with school work and... Other crap.