Chapter 4

"Katie," I felt someone shake my shoulder. "Kaaatiie, hun, you have to get up! We have to leave in 2 and a half hours to go to the mall!"

I groaned and rolled over to see my mom. I put my face back in my pillow. "Fiiinnnneeee."

I couldn't get any sleep last night, I was up thinking about the endless possibilities of Noah's surprise to me.

I checked my phone to see what time it was. It was 2pm.

I turned to lay on my back and stared at the ceiling. I want to go back to bed. I closed my eyes thinking, I'll sleep for just 5 more minutes.

*2 hours later*

"KATIE LYNN GET YOUR BUTT DOWN HERE NOW WE HAVE TO LEAVE IN A HALF AN HOUR" I heard my mom yell from downstairs.

I checked the time, squinting at my phone screen from the bright light.

4:00pm.

I jumped out of bed and took a 5 minute shower. I threw on my 5 Seconds of Summer t-shirt and my black jeans. I put black converse on and put my hair into a neat high pony. I then ran downstairs to where mom was.

Mom had left me some lunch and I quickly at Fazzolis it.

We put our coats on and started our trip to the mall.

*at the mall*

My mom and I walked into the mall and ventured to the food court. We walked in and found Noah sitting at our table from yesterday. He was wearing his 'Porn Kills Love' t-shirt and black skinny jeans with black Vans. His hair was in his usual fringe and he looked so good! Noah looked up from his phone and saw my mom and I walking over to him. He smiled and stood up.

My mom and I reached him and Noah grabbed my arm, pulling me and my mom out of the food court.

"What are you doing?!" I asked, utterly confused and kinda scared.

He laughed, "Taking you to your surprise!!"

To be honest, I am scared and so excited. What could it be?!

We walked together to the children's play place, which was next to JC Penny's.

Inside the play place were slides and tunnels, monkey bars and a huge rubber treasure chest that was taller than Noah.

We got closer and closer to the big treasures chest and I saw someone sitting on top of it.

The person was wearing all black. Black sweatshirt, black jeans, black shoes, black beanie, and black sunglasses. Overall, they looked really suspicious.

The unknown human stood up and  yelled, "Noah!!!" While waving their hands in the air like a maniac.

Noah laughed and replied, "Hey!!!"

We were right next to the treasure chest by now and the mysterious guy jumped down from it and hugged Noah.

I was so confused. My mom was, too.

Noah turned and laughed at our expressions, while mystery person was giggling their head off.

Noah said, "This is your surprise!!" While motioning to the person.