Chapter 7: Part 3

Hi! I tried updating but my internet was down so it wouldn't publish :-( I'll try to keep updating soon!!)

We pulled into the parking lot of the hotel. It isn't busy, thank God, but there are a few other vehicles there. We all jumped out of the car and went inside. We went through the main lobby and I opened the door to the pool area.

James, Mom, and I walk into the room. The smell of chlorine hits us. The pool water is still as the light reflects little diamonds from its surface. I can hear the pump filtering the pool, keeping it clean. There are 2 water slides. One is long and winds all around the top of the room and then curls down. The other is a straight drop down.

"This is it!" I broke the silence, looking to James.

"This is going to be lit!" He exclaimed and took his shirt off. He was already wearing swim trunks.

I then kicked my shoes, short, and shorts off, revealing my one piece bathing suit.

James and I walked to the edge of the 7 ft pool.

"You ready?" James asked me.

"Yes!" I exclaimed, ready to jump in the pool.

"Good!" He gave me a cheeky smirk and then pushed me.

"Hey!!!" I exclaimed while falling into the pool. There was a loud 'caploosh!' sound as I broke through the water. I held my breathe and closed me eyes. Water shot up my nose.

My feet touched the bottom of the pool and I pushed off the floor to surface. As I surfaced, I breathed out through my nose and inhaled through my mouth. I pushed my hair out of my face and see James bent over in laughter. My mom was laughing too with her phone out, most likely video taping this. Their laughter echoed the room.

"That was not fair, James Anthony!!" I yelled to him. He just kept on laughing.

I slowly inched myself to the edge of the pool, where James was. He was too busy laughing to notice.

I grabbed his ankle and he looked up in horror.

"NOOO! No no no no, I'm sorry!" He said, realizing what I was doing.

"Paybacks suck!" I yell, yanking him into the pool.

He let out a high pitched girly scream as he fell.

I burst into laughter as he surfaced, his hair all over. He glared at me and crossed his arms over his chest. How he's staying afloat, I don't know.

"That wasn't nice," He grumbled.

"HAHA No, it isn't. Oh, well. Let's go to the slides?!" I say while climbing out of the pool and walking to the slides.

"Heck yeah!" He uncrossed his arms and climbed out of the pool.

"Let's do this!" I exclaim while climbing up  stairs to the long, windy slide.

"Yes!" James said.

*after swimming: Noon (12:00pm)*

*at Applebee's*

James, my mom, and I were sat at a booth.