Chapter 10

It was getting really dark outside as the sun went down and the stars started to appear.

"Hey, Jake, we better be going in!" I told my brother, putting my hand on his back and leading him to the house.

"Aww really?" He pouted.

"Yes, really." I laughed. "but hey! I'm sky ping Noah tonight! You can talk to him later!"

Jake grinned and clapped his hands, "Yay!!"

I giggled at his happiness.

We were walking at a slow pace to the house, pointing out big stars and constellations, when Jake broke the silence.

"Katie?" The small boy looked up at me.

"Yeah?" I looked at him.

"Is Noah your boyfriend?"

I lightly laughed, a smile tugging on my lips. "No, not yet, pal."

"When will he ask to be your boyfriend?"

We walked up the steps to the front porch and I guided him to the door.

"I don't know, bud. Maybe soon." I say as I push open the door and go inside.

I wanted to tell him that Noah might not ask me out, but Jake looked so happy about the thought that I couldn't bring myself to say it.

We walked through the kitchen and I checked the time on the oven. 11:30 Pm.

Oh gosh, its late!

"Hey, Jake," I whispered to him. "You need to get to our rooms quickly and quietly. Its past your cerfew!"

My mom had a curfew for when my younger siblings had to be in their room with the light shut off. They could be quietly talking, but they couldn't be out of there unless using the restroom.

"There's no need to rush now," Moms voice sounded from behind us.

I looked down to Jake worriedly  and we both slowly turned around. There sitting at the dining table was Mom and Dad.

"Jake, go get changed and get to bed," My father commanded.