Chapter 9

*Katie's POV*

Spring.

The grass is growing, the sky's bright blue, the sweet smell of beautiful flowers blooming, a light breeze blowing on a hot day.

While all of this is happening, large amounts of pollen are being produced, making my allergies hard to deal with.

"Achoo! Achoo!" I sneezed.

My little brother Jake and I are outside, looking at the huge apple tree in our back yard. Its gorgeous. Its a mixture of white and pink from the buds blooming on it. This year is going to be a good year for our apple tree.

"Wow! Katie, are you okay?!" Jake exclaimed.

"Yeah, I'll be alright.. Its just my nose is - ACHOO!- Here hold on. I need to go take my allergy medicine." I replied.

I grabbed my brothers hand and we ran inside. I got myself a cup of water and grabbed my Flonase and Allegra.

The doctor has me do both of these in the spring and fall because my allergies get so bad.

"Hey, Jake. We will stay inside for half an hour to let these meds start to work. Then we can go back outside!"

"Okay!" Jake runs off to wake up Melanie.

Its only 6:30 am. It is Saturday, May 6th.

I walked into my room and decided to check my phone for the half an hour we would be inside.

There were some tweet notifications and a message. I checked the tweets first.

"Ashton Irwin

I don't freak out about many things but... I GREW MY FIRST STRAWBERRY 🍓 REJOICE WITH ME."

I clicked on the tweet and looked at the photo.  (A/N photo of tweet and picture are on the side :) Also, I put this tweet in quotes because it is an actual tweet that Ashton tweeted. The next tweet is made up and will not be in quotes.) I don't mean to burst his bubble of happiness, but that isn't a strawberry. It's a tomato 😂

Do Australians​ call tomato's strawberries? I do not know.

I do know that they call flip flops thongs, but that's besides the point!

I scrolled to the next tweet.