t w e n t y o n e

$ t w e n t y o n e $

"I heard The Wolf Pack has a new leader because their previous alpha went crazy." said one of the members of The Coyotes; an organized crime division of Daegu that intended to branch out into Seoul. They had started with night clubs in the outskirts of the city, and had started their migration to the big city just two months prior. For the time being, they had gone undetected by the wolves and the people who scouted their territory for possible trespassers. "This is our time to attack them, through their new alpha. He's probably their weakest link right now."

"Well thought." The leader of the Coyotes praised, though he was quick to notice the negatives of that plan as well. "But they also say that the new alpha is much more ruthless than their previous leader. Our manager at The End of the Night told us Chen from The Coven has been spotted there twice to see one of our girls. Maybe if we team up with the coven against the wolves, we can take them out."

The coyotes' second in command crinkled up his nose. "Then we'd have to split properties and power with the coven. It wouldn't be worth the effort." He pointed out.

"Are you doubting my abilities, beta?" The leader shot him a look.

The others that were sat around the table watched with nervousness and hesitance. Some of them--mainly the younger ones--were more attached to their beta than they were to their alpha. It was mainly because it was their beta who took care of them when they first joined the organization. None of them wanted to have to take aides, especially at such a critical point. They were on the verge of taking over Seoul.

The Coyotes followed the same structure in their ranks as the Wolves did. They had their alpha, their beta, sentinel, assassin, warrior, scout, and omega. No one dared to challenge the alpha or his judgement. If one did, it was seen as a direct challenge to the position of alpha.

The beta shrunk in his seat, bowing his head in submission. "No, alpha. I trust your judgement."

The alpha smiled at him, grateful that his friend and beta of the pack had made the right choice by backing down. "Thank you, beta. I'll send one of the younger boys to The End of the Night, to seek out Chen. We'll ask him to call in a meeting with his leader."

"Why don't I do it?" The beta offered, speaking up a bit hesitantly.

The leader shook his head. "I don't think I should send you...because of your emotional state. We're worried about you, Jin."

The other boys nodded, and one of them spoke up, the youngest of the Coyotes. "We're worried about you and Jimin hyung. You spent the last two weeks locked up in your room, crying over what happened. Alpha had to lie and say you were back in Daegu, running the business because he didn't want the other gangs to attack us through you." He was right. Enemies always attacked the weakest link because the saying was true--a group is only as strong as their weakest link.

"I'm fine now." Jin insisted. But just the thought of the incident made tears pool up in his eyes.

He was going to deny his request, but relented, knowing that his beta needed something to keep him distracted. "Fine. But you have to take Suga with you."

-

During Kyungsoo's first week as alpha, they were able to round up a quarter of their debt. There was no money outgoing for the time being, since Junmyeon wasn't going to the casino anymore, and Baekhyun thought the quickest way to get back on their feet was to recover their losses. They had been living minimally through the whole week, and Baekhyun had promised Miran new clothes and had promised that he would provide for her the moment the pack was back on its feet, after they had been left in ruins by their first alpha.

No one resented him for it. It was easy to fall into dark vices. But it was more that they felt for their brother who had not only lost the pack's money as well as his own, but he had lost the one person he most loved. They didn't want him to lose the other five-now six with Miran--that were his family.

He returned home exhausted at night, along with Baekhyun who would pick Miran up and take her back to their house. Kyungsoo would quickly change into something more comfortable every day and get under the covers with her. Miran had been right. But just as it was good for Jagi, keeping her company and sleeping by her side was good for him too. Since finding her, he had gathered a better sense of compassion and he thought more before pulling the trigger now. He thought that it could have been Jagi that he was killing--the thought had certainly flashed in his mind that first day he found her.

It was during the second week that he was sleeping by her side when he felt her stir in bed. It was dark in the bedroom when her eyes shot open and she let out a cry. "Someone help me!" She said through deep breaths. Her words managed to wake him and he quickly sat up, switching on the lamp on the night stand. His hand had picked up his gun with lightning speed, ready to take out any intruders.

She looked around the room with widened eyes, her chest rising and falling rapidly. Kyungsoo waited for her initial reaction to her new surroundings, and he waited for her to speak. He slowly placed the gun away, concealing it in one of the drawers nearest to him.

When she did, she sounded a bit more calm as she asked, "Where am I? And who are you?"

"At my house." He spoke up a bit awkwardly, his voice cracking slightly at the fact that he was talking to her for the first time. And she could hear him--she could hear him and reply. Before she could say more, he continued to explain. "My name is Do Kyungsoo, and I found you in an alley. You had been attacked and you were bleeding to death. I brought you here so that you could recover."

As it all sunk in for her, she ran a hand through her hair and winced when she reached the back of her head. She didn't realize that she had been wounded there, and it still hurt. But it was a dull ache. She was oddly calm about all of it, but she sensed that she was in no real danger with him. Perhaps it was the morphine that was making her overlook any danger, but in that moment she felt like he wouldn't do anything to hurt her.

"I have another question for you, Kyngsoo." She said, feeling around the bandage on the back of her head subconsciously.

He nodded slowly. "Okay."

"Who am I?"

-

so now the coyotes have been introduced. next chapter i might introduce another group because i kinda was thinking of adding three more groups besides exo so that we could start turf wars and all that good stuff. so while the wolves are fighting the coven on one side, they have to take on the coyotes on another side.

i think it makes things more interesting and more fun. AND JAGI FINALLY WOKE UP. anyway, i hope you're all having a happy new year. 

thank you all so much for reading and supporting.

-clary xx