f i f t y f o u r

$ f  i f t y f o u r $

Jin and Jimin whispered to each other while Jagi found herself in a new house, with a photo album on her lap and she flipped through the pages absently. "We have to tell her the whole truth, hyung." Jimin insisted with a his as he snuck a side glance at the girl sitting on the couch. She pretended she couldn't hear them. Her old life didn't matter to her. She didn't feel the same after losing her memories and spending the last two months of her life with the pack. Now she felt a certain hostility towards the Coyotes. She was only there to spare her other family after all.

The beta gave a firm shake of his head. His sister's well being was the most important to him in that moment and he knew the whole truth would probably confuse her. "We can't tell her yet. She has to remember it on her own."

Jimin heaved a frustrated sigh, gave Jagi one last pained look and stormed out of the room. With him now gone, Jin walked over to his sister and a smile formed on his lips. She was the apple of his eye, the one person who made him most happy. He could smile for her any time, and it would be a genuine one. She looked up from the photo album as she felt his presence before her, a look of frustration as well as confusion on her face. She heaved a sigh and closed the book quickly, setting it down on the couch between her and her brother as he sat next to her. "Brother," She said formally, even though he had insisted many times that she could just call him Jin. "No matter how much I look at those pictures, it just...doesn't feel like me. It feels like I'm looking at the life of someone else--someone who happens to look just like me. Even my name feels unfamiliar."

Jin's smile dropped an octave. She was his sister, he knew it from the first moment that he saw her in the clearing. But her attitude was different. It was like a whole different person was in her body. It was almost like that, considering she lost her memory and was brought up by the pack. They were the only family she knew, and that hurt Jin.

Though he understood her.

She didn't forget because she wanted to. She had just been a victim. She had been attacked by someone who left her alone to die. If it hadn't been for Kyungsoo, she wouldn't be sitting there before him. It was then that Jin concluded that even if she never managed to regain her memories, he was just as happy having her there with him. Having her alive and by his side was much better than not having her at all.

"Is there a name you prefer?" He asked, deciding to accommodate her in attempts to make her feel comfortable.

"The pack--and Soo," She started with a sad little sigh as she thought about them. "They used to call me Jagi when I didn't have a name."

"Jagi?" Jin raised an eyebrow at her.

She gave a nod of her head and then continued to explain. "Yes. It was what Soo called me when he found me bleeding to death in that alley, and it was the last thing I remember hearing before I blacked out. That name means a lot to me."

-

The stage decorations for Silver's musical number were being removed from the stage in the restaurant where she had been performing all through the Christmas season. Now it was time to pack her belongings and move onto the next gig. Every time Yixing was in Korea running business for his duizhang, he always watched her performances at the casino--always sitting front row.

He was mesmerized by every detail about her, from her voice to her appearance. 

When he saw the stage being cleared and Silver packing up her own things nearby, his eyes widened in surprise. "What's going on here? Why is everything being taken down?" He asked to anyone who would answer his question. There were people everywhere, working busily, but only she replied to him.

"Holiday season's over." She informed him with a melancholy sigh. Every end to her temporary performances brought a slight sadness to her. But with every end came a new beginning, as she liked to see it. "Its time to pack up and find another gig somewhere else."

He had forgotten that her stay at the casino was only temporary. But it felt like it had gone by in a flash, without him even getting to make a move on her. He had been too shy to do so and would only watch her from the crowd night after night. Now his chance had passed and there was a possibility that he would never see the beautiful singer again. 

She was just about done packing her belongings when Yixing finally found the courage to blurt out, "Do you maybe want to go out on a date sometime?" 

Eunsoo immediately shot him the pity look, and he knew he was going to get shot down. But at least he had tried and wouldn't regret letting her go without attempting. "I'm sorry." She began with a small smile. "I don't date people I meet at work, even if they're the boss." She told him. But she reached into her jacket pocket to get two business cards out. One was hers, and the other was from a bar. "This is where I'll be performing next. Its a bar near the outskirts called The Nightingale. If you want to hang out as friends, that would be nice. I'd love to see you again."

Yixing nodded with a wounded ego and took the cards anyway. But even though she had rejected him, he didn't intend on letting her go so easily. He really liked her and would definitely call her. His other brothers were already married or romantically involved with someone--except for Yifan that was more likely keeping Hani hostage, literally--and he thought it was about time to find someone for himself. He had always focused more on the coven and his family, but now he wanted to focus on himself.

She kissed him on the cheek and followed her band out of the casino. Once they were out on the sidewalk, waiting for a car to pick them up, Eunsoo got her cellphone out of her pocket. She hit a phone number in her recent contacts and waited for them to pick up, which only took about three rings.

"Yeah..." She said into the phone with a satisfied smirk. "I think we hooked one."

"Took you long enough." The person on the other line replied.

-

just a little update bfroe i go to music class. we're having a concert tonight, so im very excited. also i was stressed today because i lost my keys last night at school so i couldnt drive my car home and my parents had to pick me up. but campus security found them so that makes me so happy.

i was so worried about my exo lanyard tbh. i paid twelve dollars for it. its a very special lanyard.

anyway, i have to go before anyone from spanish class sees me bc i skipped that class to look for my keys. the struggle is real, guys. two years with a car and i have never lost my keys outside of my house until yesterday.

have a wonderful day!

-clary