s i x t y f i v e

$ s i x t y f i v e $

Hyuna's trembling hand squeezed the trigger, and a bullet shot out. It hit Shin Wonho, the leader of the Nightmares, who staggered back and fell to the floor. Two of his lower ranked members rushed to his side to help him, and Takuya stepped in. Before Hyuna could cock her gun to shoot at him, he easily kicked the gun out of her hand and overpowered her. The gun fell to the floor of the room and Takuya kicked it out of her reach. 

The Nightmares' second in command, grabbed Hyuna by the wrist and violently pulled her onto her feet. Two of their other members were by the door with their guns ready to prevent the girls from running. 

Yongseok and Sangmin helped Shin sit up. Hyuna noticed that the bullet had done nothing to hurt him and she concluded that he had been wearing a bullet proof vest. It had just been the shock of getting shot at. Takuya turned her around and pushed her up against the wall while she struggled with silent tears full of rage. He was easily able to pull her hands behind her back. From the door, Seyoung tossed him a piece of rope, which he used to securely tie her hands behind her back. He then pushed her down onto her knees. 

He returned to the closet and grabbed Mei Lin next. The ebony haired girl gave more of a fight, scratching and kicking at him, and yelling at the top of her lungs for her husband to help her. But he couldn't hear her. He and the other men of the Coven were nowhere to be found.

The next one was Hani, and last was Mariel, who cried uncontrollably.

Once the girls were subdued, Takuya pulled Mariel back onto her feet. He grabbed her face tightly, thumb and index finger squeezing underneath her jaw to force her to look at him. Her eyes were red and puffy from crying, and her face was soaked by her tears. "Isn't this girl property of the Coyotes?" He asked his fellow gang members as he made his observation, regarding her like she was nothing more than a piece of merchandise. The others nodded silently, victorious smiles on their faces. Takuya continued. "What do you think they'll give us to get her back?"

"We'll call them and ask them once we return to Fukuoka with our new slaves and merchandise." Shin said, words filled with satisfaction. 

He had gotten what he wanted. 

He had won.

As they forced the girls out of the room and through the house, they passed the dining room area where the confrontation had taken place. The room was a mess with bullet holes everywhere, tables and chairs all over the place. On the floor were were bloodied bodies of the Coven members, the stench of blood filled their senses as they entered the room and no one said anything. There was dead silence.

Mariel's eyes searched the room for Jongdae, and when she found him, her vision blurred with fresh tears. There he was on the ground, four gunshot wounds in his chest, and a small pool of blood around him. His skin had gone pale and he appeared to be sound asleep. But unlike the other unconscious and bloodied Coven members in the room, his chest didn't rise and fall with a taking of breath.

"No, Jongdae!" She cried out, rushing to his side and dropping to her knees.

She tugged at her restraints in an attempt to throw her arms around him one last time, but it was no use. Behind her, one of the Nightmares' members walked up behind her and grabbed her arm to pull her back on her feet. 

With an arm around her waist, he practically dragged her out of the house.

The last thing she saw of her Jongdae was his body being dragged out of the room by one of the enemy gang's members.

-

As soon as the girls were out of the room, the men braced themselves for the attack. Their guns were ready in hand, pointing them towards the only entryway into the dining room. The youngest of them were at the front, Tao and Jongdae. As the youngest, and lowest ranked members, it was their duty to stand at the front of the line of fire. Behind them were Lu Han and Minseok, and last was Yifan. He could walk just fine, but wrapped an arm around himself, in his pain.

The members of the Nightmares barged into the dining room and from the moment they were met with each other, the shooting started.

The first two taken out of the way were Jongdae and Tao. Tao had been shot in the shoulder and dropped his gun to cover the blood that was gushing out. He fell to his knees and soon lost consciousness due to the blood loss. 

Their bullets didn't seem to be doing anything to affect the Nightmares. Jongdae had been shot once in the chest, and he fell to his knees, but he refused to be taken down. When the Nightmares saw that he didn't want to go down without a fight, they took another shot at him. And then another. Until there were four bullets lodged in his chest and he fell back, clutching his chest and struggling to breathe. 

Lu Han and Minseok stepped forward to protect their leader, and shot at the enemy. But they were dressed in all black bullet proof suits.

Nothing they could do would hurt them.

Lu Han went down when he was shot in the leg, and Minseok had been shot in the arm as well. Both older boys dropped to the floor. Lu Han had fallen near Jongdae, and even in his own pain, he tried to drag himself to his brother.

"Chen..." He called in a weak, yet desperate voice.

There was no answer coming from him.

"Jong..." He called him by his real name now, eyes filling up with tears. Even through his own pain and the hot crimson blood that he felt gushing from his wound, he knew he would survive. 

It seemed like the Nightmares' objective wasn't to kill them, but merely to injure them in order to get them out of the way. But Jongdae had refused to go down. He wanted to keep his promise to Mariel and protect the family. Now he had four bullets buried in his chest and he was still breathing, but his breathing was slow and shallow. He didn't have much time left.

The last one standing was Yifan. 

He watched his brothers, all defeated before him. He was their leader, and he had failed to protect them.

"Surrender," Shin Wonho offered in a dark tone. "Or we kill your brothers, and your women when we find them."

Yifan didn't have to think twice about it. 

He first preferred to lose his pride and be humiliated as a leader, than to risk the lives of his brothers and sisters. With something of a struggle, he got down on his knees and placed his gun on the floor, sliding it towards Shin's feet. The scene very much reminded him of something he had seen not too long ago, but with Junmyeon. He then brought his arms up in surrender.

"You win, Shin." Yifan said, defeated.

But Takuya, the second in command, pushed his leader back behind him. His gun drawn and cocked. "Fuck you." He said to Yifan, and aimed his gun at him, at his chest. 

Without any more hesitation, he pulled the trigger.

The impact startled Yifan, and it didn't take long before everything around him went black.

-

a little sort of flashback of what happened when the nightmares arrived at yifan's house. so jongdae has died. you all don't know how hard that was for me. i didn't know who to pick. i didn't want to kill off anyone. but for the sake of the story, this had to happen. 

i hope you're all liking the story, and thank you loads for reading!

-clary