t h i r t y t w o

$ t h i r t y t w o $

"He's here, isn't he? That's his car out front." They could hear his father's voice from the living room. His mother was unresponsive, except for the tears she was crying which gave her away. Now even louder, he shouted into the house, "I know you're here! Come out now before I call the police!"

Baekhyun heaved a frustrated sigh. "I didn't want this to happen. We were supposed to be out of here before he got home." He assured Miran, and she believed him. Since joining the pack, he had been so adamant about keeping her safe. She knew he would never purposefully put her in the way of danger, even if it was his family. "I just wanted to show you, that we aren't accepted by our former families anymore."

He reached for the door knob and Miran pulled his arm back. "Don't go, Light. Your father is angry, he won't be thinking straight. Lets just get out of here."

He shook his head in response. "My dad's lessons about becoming a good man my have gone in one ear and out the other. But I still live by two of his most important lessons. A man who goes back on his word is not a real man. And a man who doesn't face his problems head on is just a coward." Pulling his arm out of her grasp more easily than she could have thought, he instructed her, "I can't leave my mother alone when he's like this. Wait for me. I'll go talk to him and then I'll come back for you."

Now she was the one refusing with a shake of her head. Her hand reached desperately for his arm again. "I'll go with you. We're in this together."

Though he tried to stop her when he left the room, she followed behind him with conviction. He used an arm to keep her behind him the entire time, to shield her from anything that might come at them. 

As they entered the living room, the yelling got even louder and was intermingled with his mother's crying. She was sat on the living room couch, head in her hands while her husband yelled at her. When he heard the footsteps from the hallway, he turned towards Baekhyun. "I knew you were here." He said, with venom oozing off his words. It was like he wasn't talking to his son, but rather a much hated enemy. "I told you I never wanted to see you back in my house."

"He's our son!" Baekhyun's mother shouted up at her husband.

"I only have one son, and he isn't a criminal." Mr. Byun shot back. Miran remembered Baekhyun mentioning that he had an older brother. Now that brother was the only one Mr. Byun saw as a son. "I always worked hard to give them a good life, and keep them out of trouble. But this one always seemed to love that bad life. He stopped being my son the second he joined them."

Baekhyun sucked in a breath and tried to speak to him. "Father--"

But his father shook his head. "Don't call me that. I am not your father."

Miran could feel her anger bubbling up inside and her hand closed into a fist. She wanted to say something to him, she wanted to help Baekhyun, but she knew it wasn't her place to get involved in his family problems. 

"Get out of my house!" He demanded. In the next second he stomped forward and grabbed a fistful of Baekhyun's shirt. He shoved him forward, making him fall to the floor in the middle of the living room and leaving Miran exposed. Baekhyun didn't retaliate, merely picked himself off the ground and hurried back to Miran's side. "And take your whore with you. You're not welcome here." His father added in anger.

Those words were the only thing that seemed to trigger a response from him. He stood in front of her protectively, his eyes darkening as he said menacingly. "Dad, I respect you. But you'd better not call her that again if you value your life." His hand instinctively placed over the handle of his gun.

"Light, stop." Miran begged, tugging on his arm. "Lets just go."

She had done the same thing back at the casino, and he had refused to back down. That had been with people he once knew and loved. She hoped she would have better luck now, considering he was in his parents' house. 

With some luck and pleading from both Miran and his mother, Miran was able to convince Baekhyun to leave the house with her. All the while, his father continued making threats, warning him that if he ever set foot in his house again, he would not hesitate to call the police.

-

At Kyungsoo's apartment, Jagi scratched out the image on a sketch book in frustration. She threw her pencil with some force onto the table and held her head in her hands as she huffed out a groan. All of her dreams, and subsequently her sketches, were the same. The dark alley where she was attacked and she begged for help, slipping away. Nothing more ever came to her memory other that that alley. 

Normally, the alpha didn't like to interrupt her when she was so concentrated in her work, but there were times when she would have a meltdown and start crying because she wanted to badly to remember who she was, and she couldn't. When he saw her on the brink of tears, he walked over and placed a hand on her shoulder. In his other hand was a cup of tea that he had made for her--spearmint tea, which he knew was good to help people relax. He set the cup in front of her and she looked at the warm cup of tea with surprise.

"Thank you, Soo." She forced a small smile onto her lips.

"Don't worry too much about remembering." He told her, his lips forming into an awkward heart shaped smile. "It'll probably come to you eventually."

He would never get used to being called alpha, and he didn't want her to call him by his gang name. Instead he had asked her to call him Soo, while he and the others called her Jagi. The other members were also confused when it came to her rank. They didn't know whether to call her alpha female out of respect, or not. She wasn't Kyungsoo's girlfriend or wife, but they understood that there was a bond between the two. After not wanting to ask, they all stuck with just calling her Jagi.

"Its almost been two months." She heaved a sigh. Her hands instinctively went to hold the cup of tea between them. The mere smell of the spearmint was already helping her relax, and so was his presence. "The one other thing I've managed to remember was that I was talking to a man on the phone when it happened, and he sounded young. But I can't remember who that person was."

Kyungsoo felt his heart drop. "A boyfriend?"

Jagi replied with a shrug of her shoulders. "I don't know."

-

another chapter for you all. i was supposedly going to write a bunch of chapters and leave them in my drafts to use for later, but i didn't. i started my period and also a mosquito bit my lowe eyelid. surprisingly it hurts more than the upper one. long story short, it got infected and the blister popped and drained into my eye. gross.

now my eye is watery and disgusting. and just most days have been shitty lately. but one has to look at the positive side of things.

thank you all so much for reading, and i hope you like the update.

i should probably feature sehun soon. it wasn't until earlier today that i remembered he's part of the pack and needs some love. lol

-clary xx