3 A Plan Without Action Is Just A Dream

Chapter 3

Melissa and Tracey have both invited themselves over with a couple hours to spare before the formal. I had informed Matt I shall be taking residence elsewhere tonight due to the excuse that my car had broken down. I shall meet him sometime tomorrow to explain the true story. I cannot keep this from him and I’m sure he’ll understand.

“So which dress did you pick?”

“Huh?” I look up. “Sorry,” I shake my head, “what was the question?”

“What are you wearing to the formal?” Tracey asks.

“Err… I’m not sure. I didn’t really get a chance to decide.”

“Then we’ll help you.”

“You will?”

“Well we can’t let you go looking like that can we?” I guess I should be offended but I really don’t take anything they say all too seriously. Within a couple hours the glitz and glam duo have me dressed in a gorgeous red gown, which they had informed me was Prada. I felt like a princess. And I liked it, which is quite odd because I was never really into wearing dresses or gowns, even my own mother couldn’t make me wear one. I turn to see the luminous jewels raining down the back of the dress upon the mirror. I lift the gown to see the white heels Mel had given me. I stare into the long mirror and take a deep breath. Okay, I can do this. I can get through this. I’m doing this for Matt, all for Matt.

I exit out the curtains drawing me in. They were all dressed spectacularly, in their gowns and suits. They really took this formal seriously. At first they all just stare but once Tracey came to my side, they really hit it off with the compliments.

We all pile up for the limousine, which I thought was a bit too much, even for them. “Wait!” I look back to see a girl with gorgeous brunette hair, rushing down the steps in her long white dress. “You didn’t really think you were leaving without me, did you?”

“Trish, I thought you were at Emily’s.” Trent.

“I was, until I realized I had forgotten my dress.” She explains. “Who are you?” She turns to me.

“I-“

“She’s just a friend, now get in.” The girl slides in swiftly.

No one has explained to me who this girl was but judging by the similarity in appearance and since she seemed to be living in the McCoy mansion, I take it that she was Trent’s sister or someone of family relations. The girl looks to be in her early teens and hadn’t spoken a word to me since she got in the vehicle. Apart from the timely smiles, I’d say she didn’t like me very much. And since no one bothered to talk to me, I didn’t hassle myself in talking to them.