7 First Appearances Deceive Many

Chapter 7

Well, chemistry was a huge bore. Apart from Will interrupting the teacher every chance he got. Who knew he was a sucker or sarcasm.

“Starting the year with a big impression, Will.” Our teacher, Mr Collins, takes a seat on his desk.

“Just doing my job, sir.” He smirks.

“Is he always like this?” I whisper to Iris.

“Trust me, you ain’t seen nothing yet.” I grin. The siren, once again, makes its scheduled blare.

“All right.” Everyone makes their way out the door. “You’re lucky I don’t give homework on the first day.”

“Aren’t we?” Iris. I smile.

“Alyssa.” I turn at the call of my name. Mr Collins? I come to a halt facing the teacher. “Millers, was it?”

“Yes?”

“So you just transferred?”

“Mhm.” He nods.

“I have a bit of advice for you, since you’re new, Miss Millers.” Okay. “I’m aware that it can be difficult to find friends on your first day… so I’m glad to see you’ve already found some. But there are people you might want to reconsider being friends with.” He pauses. “You don’t want to start at a new school like this.” I have no idea what I was expecting but it certainly wasn’t that. Can teachers even say things like that?

“I’ll keep that in mind. Thanks.” I walk out the door.

“What was all that about?” Iris falls into step with me.

“Nothing. He just wanted to give me some advice for the first day.”

“Oh okay.” She smiles. “What have you got now?”

“Um…” I scan through my timetable. “English. You?”

“Same. Two in a row.” She grins.

Recess. Finally. I was literally falling asleep in English. It felt like time actually slowed down in that class. Luckily, I sat at the back with Iris so no one noticed my eyes glazing over with boredom. High school is not at all as exciting as I expecting. HMS really did exaggerate on how much fun high school really was. And it’s not like I have two hot vampires to keep me busy like Elena Gilbert in TVD.

“I’ve never been so glad to hear that damn siren.” Iris. “Hey, so I was thinking, since you’re new, you may not have heard about the bonfire tonight.”