16 There's a Sucker Born Every Minute

Chapter 16 Sometimes Things Aren't As Big As They Seem

The rest of the weekend goes by uneventfully, unless you include the crowd of paparazzi that followed us around everywhere. But that gradually stops as the weekend came to a close. Guess they got tired or found someone else to bother.

We enter the school holding hands, as always, being as cliché as ever.

“Hey, so have you two met the new guy yet?” Iris comes to greet us.

 “Of course we haven’t met him, we just got here.” I say jokingly.

“What new guy?” Trent asks,

“Sawyer Erikson. He’s a transfer, like Ally, from St Anderson Academy, so he must be pretty rich.” Sawyer Erikson? Why does that name sound so familiar?

“St Anderson, that’s the private boys school, right?” I ask.

“Yeah.”

“Is he gay?” Trent asks jokingly.

“Doubt it, he just broke up with his girlfriend.”

“And how do you know this?” I ask,

“Are you kidding me? I hear a dozen rumors about that school everyday… this town is way too small.” She sighs. We make our way up to the bench and I notice that there is an extra addition to our table.

“And I forgot to mention, he’s already mates with Will and Richie.” Iris adds.

“Hi,” The new guy smiles as we approach him. He has very short light brown hair and has a strong jaw with an attractive face. “I’m Sawyer.”

“Trent.” He shakes his hand.

“Ally.” I smile.

“Nice to meet you both… so I take it that your both dating.”

“What gave us away?” I say sarcastically, making him smile.

“So you’re from St Anderson?” Trent asks, taking his seat.

“Yeah I just transferred.” He nods.

“Oh, why’d you move? I hear it’s a good school.”

“Yeah, I almost went there.” Richie smiles.

“Yeah it is, I just… it wasn’t right for me.” He mumbles. I sit down next to him.

“Hey isn’t the Miss Coburn Grove ceremony happening this Wednesday?” Iris asks,