21 Blood is Thicker than Water

Chapter 22

Alyssa Petrelli

I feel bad for sending out the latest about Trent’s sister but it’s my job. It’s the whole reason I’m here. I can’t pick the interest of his family over mine.

“So I saw the post on the UR.” Matt joins my side. We’re mostly just looking on as everyone else rush around, trying to comfort Trish as much as possible before she wakes up.

“Yeah. Figured we might as well be the first to report it.” I shrug.

“The amount of paparazzi has died down. I guess they realized they weren’t going to get anything new out of it.” He looks over to me. “You okay?”

“Yeah,” I turn to him. “Just this whole thing. I can’t imagine. The crap she’s been through… and she’s only fourteen.” I shake my head.

I hear Matt sigh. “Their whole family has gone through some serious crap these few months.” He says. “The charges on Michael, you and me, Janet… I don’t think I would be able to take that.”

“Who would?” I ask.

“Richie has decided to postpone the holiday… at least for a couple days. Trent can decide whether he still wants to come.” He explains. “Besides, the McCoy’s are going to need all the time they can get to be there for Trish. Not to mention the legal proceedings with Neill.”

“And how about you?”

“I’ll be fine.” He smiles. “I’m going to visit my mum for the fortnight. Catch up with Sean.”

“Yeah, say ‘hi’ to him for me.” Sean is Matt’s younger brother. He’s almost eleven.

“I will. And how about you?” He nudges my shoulder.

“Yeah, I’ll be alright.” I smile. “Ashton won’t be back from Melbourne till the end of his semester. And my parents are going to be too busy for us to have a proper holiday so might as well stay here.” I shrug.

“Have fun.” He grins. “Call me whenever you need me.”

“Are you leaving now?” I ask.

“Yeah.  My dad’s expecting me at the hospital. Mum can come home for a while. The doctors have arranged everything.”

“That’s good.” I smile. He returns it. “I’m going to miss you.”

“No you won’t.” He squeezes my hand.

“No I won’t.” I grin as he releases.