18 We Only Part to Meet Again

Chapter 18

Trent McCoy

It feels as if I haven’t gone out with Rich since I was fifteen. It was good to be back out with my best mate. We went to the children’s park we both use to go to when we were young. It brought back some nice memories and created some new ones. We grabbed a couple drinks, and hit a local club, we spoke about the future and what we would change about our lives if we had the chance to, this was before he changed the subject to Tracey. ‘Bros before Hoes’, mate. “So what’s going to happen with Ally?” He asks, changing the subject a second time. It’s getting late, but we’re on our way back anyways, so it doesn’t really matter.

“I don’t know, I guess, we’ll probably keep this up for another couple months and then I’ll let her go, still trying to figure out how though.” If only it were that simple.

“You could always cheat on her.”

“Too predictable.” I shake my head, making him laugh.

“How about… you catch her stealing your money.”

“Already had that happen… and not to mention the fact that she could go to jail if my dad found out.”

“True. I don’t know, mate.” I take a sip of my drink as he tries to think of something else. “How about she could cheat on you with… Alex?”

“Alex? Ally and my uncle, Alexander?” I look to him.

“No I mean, Alex.” He points in front of us. I see a strong figure walking towards us, he was wearing a grey coat and he seemed to be on his phone.

“Hey! Alex.” The man looks up at the sound of my voice. This was definitely him, the greying light brown hair and the wrinkles forming at the end of his green eyes…

“Trent!” He looks up, “I was planning to see you tomorrow.” He says as he gives me a welcoming hug. After he gives Richie a nice embrace he asks: “What are you two boys doing out this late?”

“We were just on our way back home, actually.” Richie answers.

“Do you want to join us?” I ask.

“No, it’s fine. You can run along.” He pats my shoulder. “I’ll catch up with you all tomorrow. I just arrived from New York a couple hours ago. I was meant to meet someone afterwards but I guess he cancelled.” He shrugs.

“Where are you staying?”

“Block 21.” One of the hotels my father owns here. “What do say, we catch up for coffee tomorrow before you go to school. Just you and me.”