°°Day Trip°° (1)

After the grounder fight, Olympia needed to replenish her supply of arrows. She had spent the whole morning searching for feathers and sharpening stones.
Olympia had finished making her arrows just as some of the others began to awaken.
As soon as Olympia walked into Clarke's line of sight, the blonde asked her to take a team of people and gather some tree nuts.
So here she was, sitting in a tree as she watched the ten people pick the nuts from its branches.
"How do you do that?"

Olympia looked down to see someone staring back up at her. "What do you mean?"

Monroe stepped closer to the trunk of the tree, her basket full of nuts now on the ground.
"How do you climb the trees?"

Olympia smiled at the curious young woman. Nimbly, she climbed down the tree.
"Do you want me to teach you how?"

Monroe's face lit up. She immediately tried to put on a less ecstatic face. "That would be cool."

"The first thing I do is pick the right tree. Some trees are harder to climb than others. Pick the trees that have lower branches and rough bark. That way, if you get a head start, you'll have rough bark to launch yourself off of and lower branches to grab on to."

Olympia demonstrated as she leapt into the tree. Monroe glanced up at her again, then took a few steps back. She ran and focused on the lower branches. The girl pushed off the trunk of the tree and gripped a branch, pulling herself up.

"Good."

Monroe smiled at her minimal praise.
Olympia dismounted from the tree and Monroe followed.
"Alright let's head back to camp. Take what you've collect. Stay close, I'm not going to babysit you. If you get left behind, you're on your own."

Olympia trecked her way back to camp, footsteps close behind her.

--------

"Here you go, Monty." Olympia set her back down in front of him.
He, jasper, and many others were separating the nuts into bags for rations.

"Thanks Olympia. Hey, you should try one. They're really good."

Monty threw another nut into Jasper's mouth. Olympia shook her head.
"No thanks. I've got a nut allergy."

Monty's eyes widened in dramatic surprise. "Well we wouldn't want you to die. Then we'd all die for sure."

"It's not a deathly allergy, I just break out in hives and there's some swelling. Um....Monty maybe you should stop eating so many....your pupils are dilated."

Olympia urged him. Yet, he ignored her request and continued to eat. Fine, if he wanted to wake up with a killer headache in the morning, then ut would be because of himself.

As soon as Olympia released her team from their duty, she recognized something she hadn't seen. It was like a small booth made of cloth. Someone was talking it, yet it only looked big enough for one person to be in it.

Olympia stepped closer. "Monty, what's in the booth?"
Footsteps moved quickly behind her. Monty stopped in front of her, extending his arms as if he was trying to stop her.

"Uh, you can't go in there, Olympia.......ther-there's nothing in there...it's a food storage thing."

Olympia rolled her eyes and gently pushed Monty aside. Monty ran off right when Olympia pulled the curtain.
Nothing could have prepared her for the bomb of wrath that put her in such a state of acrimony.

She found no words as her body encouraged her to press forward.
"Olympia, what are you doing?" Clarke spoke, undoubtedly worried.

"Olympia? Olympia Queen?" A static voice echoed only fueling her fury.