°°Twilight's Last Gleaming (2)°°

Bellamy's expression stayed the same. Horror was still written across his face.

Clarke's expression softened and she moved to Bellamy.
"Bellamy, don't you see what this means? You're not a murderer. You always did what you had to do to protect your sister. That's who you are. You can do it again, by protecting 300 of your people. Where's the radio?"

Olympia knew that Clarke had persuaded Bellamy. Olympia was Bellamy's last line of defense. He turned to her with a conflicted expression. Of course Clarke had used Octavia to persuade Bellamy. It was probably the only way she could.

Clarke looked between Bellamy and Olympia before realizing Bellamy seeked Olympia's approval. Clarke walked to Olympia, a cautious expression worn on her face. Olympia stared down the blonde with a deathly glare. Finn and the woman shifted uncomfortably in the background.

"Olympia-"

"You have thirty seconds to convince me."

Panic was evident on Clarke's face as she racked her brain. Soon enough, her expression lit up.

"Monty. He still has a family on the Arc."

Olympia cursed herself. She stubbornly believed that Clarke had no method of convincing her, yet it had only taken minimal words to create second thoughts in her head.

Clarke was right though. Olympia couldn't deprive Monty from reuniting with his family. He wasn't a criminal, like some of the others.
Olympia also knew that he had done everything in his power to contact the Arc through the wristbands, and had failed. For someone who no longer had any family, she held no need for the people to come down. Had she had family, like Monty, she would be doing the exact same thing as him.
Olympia open the scar on her heart that was caused when her parents were floated and she was left utterly alone. She couldn't put Monty through that pain.

Olympia looked up to Bellamy's awaiting gaze. She met his coffee brown eyes then shamefully put her head down indicating her surrender.

"It's too late."

---------

Currently, Olympia sat on the side of the river where Bellamy and she had thrown the radio. Bellamy crouched beside her. Campers were spread across the body of water hunched over, trying to find the radio.

It had been around an hour and no one had found the radio yet. Olympia observed Clarke. Her eyebrows were furrowed and she was obviously, making her way into panic mode.

"I found it!" one of the 100 screamed as he raised the communication machine above his head.

Everyone simultaneously leapt through the water to reach him. Raven, the woman that had arrived in the pod, reached the boy first. He handed her the radio.

Olympia watched intently as Raven picked at the radio. She sighed as she shooked the water from it.

"Can you fix it?" Clarke asked with a small amount of hopefulness.

"Maybe, but it'll take half a day at least to dry out the components to see what's broken." Raven looked at the different parts of mechanism.

"Like I said, it's too late." Bellamy stated next to Olympia.
Clarke exploded with anger and got up in Bellamy's face.
"Do you have any idea what you just did? Do you even care?"

"You asked us to help. We helped." Olympia defended herself against Clarke.

"300 people are going to die today because of you!" She screamed.

"Hold up. We don't have to talk to the Arc, we just have to let them know we're down her, right?" Raven confirmed.

"Yeah, but how do we do that without a radio?" Finn asked, confused.

Raven smirked. Olympia felt her stomach drop in horror and her heart soar in hopefulness. Even her anatomy was confused on what side she was on.
------

People were scattered around the camp trying to get together any source of technology they had. Raven had come up with the insane idea of creating large rocket that would explode in the sky and make a bright ebough explosion that the Arc could see it.

Most of the 100 sat watching. The ones who followed Clarke scurried around obeying Raven's orders.

Olympia sat on the grass watching as Raven and Clarke chatted. After about a minute, Raven walked over to Olympia.

"Olympia, we need your help." She asked bravely.

"I thought I already helped you."

"I need help with the panels in the rockets. They just need to be rewired and bolted shut."

Raven looked at her. He gaze attempting to be intimidating, although it had no affect on Olympia.
Standing up, the assassin paced over to the rocket. She sat down and began to to move and connect correct wires.

Olympia was disturbed when someone took a seat next to her. She turned to see the moppy hair of Monty. A feeling of regret filled Olympia's chest as Monty looked at her with a smile. She had wanted to kill this boy's family for her own good. Olympia disgusted herself.

"I heard about the radio. What you and Bellamy did."

"I'm sorry Monty...I-"

"It's ok, I understand."

Olympia looked into his eyes. She didn't hesitate to get rid of the radio, basically dooming his family. Then here he was forgiving her.

"Monty, if I hadn't told them where the radio was, everyone on the Arc would have a death sentence, including your family."

Monty was quiet for a moment. He was thinking. About his family or her, Olympia didn't know.

"Olympia, I talked to Clarke. You told them where the radio was because of me. You gave yourself up for my family, a family you don't even know. I should be thanking you."

Olympia put her head down. "If I hadn't been selfish, we wouldn't have had to go through all of that."

Monty placed his hand on her. "We all make mistakes. They can all be forgiven."

He flashed a smile and leaned in to give Olympia a hug. Olympia accepted his embrace, remembering the whole reason she bad wanted people to die on the Arc.

Monty reminded her of Milo, who she could no longer hug. She felt satisfaction for saving Monty's family, but nothing could compare to the satisfaction she'd feel when she killed every member of the council and watched the blood flow over the dirt.

-----------

Olympia watched as the three rockets were propped up ready to be launched.

Night had fallen and Olympia could see ber breath in the crisp air.
She stood alone as Raven lit the powder in the rockets. The light ignited the large clearing. As the giant rockets took of Bellamy approached Olympia.

They stood in silence as their faces were illuminated by the one thing that would alarm the Arc of their survival and the one thing that ensured their deaths.

------

Happy Holidays!!!!