Chapter 1 •Падение•

•Падение•
[The Fall]

2 0 1 2

  Please comment!

   His scream echoed through the blond man's mind, swirling around in an endless loop.  If only he were there a second earlier, if only he could reach farther.  That damn railing broke off, his best friend, his brother fell to his untimely death as his wails of terror shuttered through the sharp winds of the icy terrain.   The blond man snapped back into reality, and glanced down at the bloody cards in front of him.

   They were some old-fashioned trading cards, one with him, Sergeant Barnes, Dum Dum, and a few other Howling Commandos.  He missed those guys.  He missed Bucky the most, of course. He studied the realistic art style of the cards, holding onto them firmly with his red leather gloves.  He heard a throat clear, and shot his head up.

   "Captain Rogers, are you with us?" A brooding man with an eye patch asked, pushing his black trench coat behind him. 

   Rogers nodded and placed the cards back down.  "Yeah, I am," he said simply, sitting up straight. 

   A redheaded woman in a tight black suit stood up proudly, eyeing the captain.  "Ready for another adventure, Captain?" She asked, a playful smirk on her face.

   Rogers stood tall, nodding at the redhead.  "Always."

—o—

   The newly formed team known as the Avengers were in, of all places, a shawarma shop.  Captain America sat adjacent to the redhead known as the Black Widow, her strong legs planked on a sandy-haired man's chair who knew his way around arrows.  The super soldier took a large bite, plopping the foreign food onto his plate and supported his head with his gloved hand. 

   The redheaded former assassin looked over at the blond man, studying his expression.  He was clearly thinking about something, something hurtful or painful.  Perhaps from his past as Captain America back in WWII.  Natasha was her name, well her name for the US and SHIELD. 

   "Something's bothering you, Captain," she whispered and he looked up at her, only with his blue-green eyes.  "Same thing happened earlier today.  What's going on in that handsome head of yours?" Natasha asked.

   "Nothing you'd want to know," he mumbled. 

   "I wouldn't ask if I didn't care," she snapped, causing his entire head to look up.

   The others pondered their conversation, but continued to eat.  "There's something terrible that happened to someone I care about back in the day.  It keeps replaying in my head," he explained.

   "You and I alike."

   Steve frowned at her, his brows stitched together. 

   "Long story."

2 0 1 5

  Natasha stepped over the rubble of the war-torn country of Sokovia. Her black heels catching onto little chunks of glass, metal, and concrete. To her left Steve Rogers appeared walking with one of the twins Wanda Maximoff. She realized the girl had another layer of clothing and focused on it. "Is that my jacket?" Natasha asked, pointing to the girl while glaring at her.