Chapter 13 •Один из мстителей•

•Один из мстителей•
[One of the Avengers]

As more time passed, more memories had been dug up from Bucky's mind and restored. They weren't good memories at all. They brought him nothing but pain, flashes of horrendous scenes inside the experimentation rooms, and the trigger words echoing in Russian. Bucky shivered at the words. Wanda had insisted that it was too much for him, plus she had to see the memories too. They would scar anyone.

He resisted. He said he needed to come to terms with the darkest times in his life and live with it. It was the only way to move on and try and live a decent life. "We need to get those words out of your head," she insisted with a serious tone.

"What if..." he paused, "What if I hurt you? What if I go on a rampage and kill again?" He asked in a panicky tone, his muscles tightening, but she quickly calmed him.

"I won't let anything bad happen. Bucky?" She acknowledged.

"Yes?"

"I want you to think of the words. Picture them in your head," she suggested as he shook his head.

"No. No, no, no. No!" He yelled, backing away from her, but she grabbed his hands to get him to look at her.

"Bucky...listen to me," She said softly, "Despite what those words made you do, I want you to think of them. But...don't let them scare you. If they try and overtake your mind you fight back. You fight back with every nerve and being in your body. You are more than those words, so much more, and so much more to someone else," she hinted, "Once you defeat them, I can easily destroy their hold over you and you'll be free."

"I'll be free? After over 70 years...I'll-I'll be free?"

"Yes," she confirmed with a smile. "Sit and relax in the chair, okay? I'm right here. Just think of the words."

Тоска [longing.]

Ржавые [rusted.]

"See? You got two. Keeping thinking," she said softly, squeezing his shoulder as her magic swirled around them.

семнадцать [seventeen.]

Рассвет [daybreak.]

Then he stopped, tensing at the continuance of the horrid words, laced with the sharp Russia accents from Hydra. Their tentacles reached so far into his mind and Bucky was scared he'd never be free.

"Bucky, you're okay. Keep going. They're just words," she insisted.

"I-I can't," he cried out as the words spiraled around in his head like missiles closing in on him.

"Yes you can. Do it for Steve, and Natasha, and the team, do it for yourself," she ordered as he smirked at Natasha's name.

"I'll do it for Natasha," he whispered almost inaudibly.

печь [furnace.]

девять [nine.]

доброкачественные [benign.]