Chapter 10 - Fried Date

It was starting to get dark already, and I walked through town making my way to Ronaldo's house. I was thankful to Amethyst and Bismuth for helping me. They helped me with the dress, make-up and motivated me too. I was confident, and knew I was going to do my best! I added a black flower necklace to my black dress and a black pearl bracelet. Actually, I looked as if I was going to a funeral...but nevermind! I finally arrived in front of his house, looking at the bell and ringing it. I took deep breaths as I felt my heart racing. 

Then, Peedee opened the door. He was dressed pretty well, like a waiter. "Oh, (Y/N)! We're glad you arrived! Ronaldo is already waiting for you." he sounded as if someone told him to say that, and I guess I know who. "Well, Peedee. You look quite charming tonight!" He blushed a little and cleaned his throat. "I uhhh...can only give it back." He lead me inside, and I soon noticed the house was dark, filled with candles that smelled like strawberrys. ((Oh my...it smells so wonderful in here...)) Also, the path Peedee lead me was also filled with rose petals. Oh my, I think I know where this is going to lead. "Alright!" Peedee stopped in front of Ronaldo's room. "Here you go by your own, miss. I'll stay outside. And if there's anything I can do for you, just call me. Have a romantic time!" 'Romantic time' how cute! My left hand patted Peedee's hair while my right one made it's way to grab the door locker. "Thank you so much!" The last thing I saw before entering Ronaldo's room was his little brother's smile, which made me smile in return. I closed the door behind me and saw a table in front of me, with a chair on each side and a tall candle in the middle. As I walked closer to study it, I saw two plates for each side. So was that...a dinner? "Do you like it?" I felt shivers down my spine, even though I knew it was Ronaldo's voice. I turned around and was surprised by his gorgeous dresscode. "Ronnie! Why all this hard work?" I smiled warmly, being deeply touched as well. He was smiling too, which was kind of adorable. "Well, a man needs to try hard in order to win a women's heart." ((Ronnie please...)) My whole face heated up. He smiled more seing my blush, even though it was a little dark in his room. And it got even worse as he walked up to me and gently kissed my hand. My face felt very overheated, but he seemed like a true gentleman. "Now, please take a seat." He pulled the chair away from the table to let me sit down, and I smiled before doing that, then watching him making his way to his own seat. "Ronaldo..." I was too shy to look into his eyes, but I felt him looking at me. "Yes~?"  "If you really...wanted to confess..." Had to clear my throat before continuing, I didn't want my voice to disappear out of shyness. "A simple....'I love you'...would be enough..." But I failed, my voice got quieter with every sentence. Why was I this shy anyways!? Did I feel the same way? Was I...scared to hurt his feelings? I had no clue. But, I wanted to see where this is going.

Ronaldo giggled. "This would be too mainstream." My face turned to him, he had this gentle expression, I never saw him looking at me like that..."I don't want you to forget me. And I don't want to forget you either...I want this to be...something special. Not only for me." I knew what was going to come. He will tell me how he feels, lets me decide whether to accept his love or to reject him. My heart warmed up at the thought that he actually liked me more than a friend. And because I knew what was going to happen, I took the time to think about how I feel towards him, to prepare an answer. "And, you know..." He continued. "Since Jane was gone...I felt empty. I had no one to like me the way I am. Everyone found me insane and completely weird. I thought I was alone...and then I met you." A flashback appeared on my mind. That day at the anime convention. The day I met Ronaldo. "I knew, since I first saw you.. that you were an amazing person. The way you talked, the way you laughed. It all made sense to me! And now..." I was aware that he looked at me, but he wasn't looking into my eyes, that's for sure. Wait-- Was he...looking at my lips? "I'm more than glad to be where I am. In fact...I'm the happiest man alive." But...this somehow didn't feel right...why was I feeling totally out of place here? ((Okay no, calm down. You're just nervous because this is the first time someone wanted to be this close to you. But love is nothing bad!)) I was a little lost in my mind, but as I snapped out of it, he looked a little worried. He then stood up and walked over to me, which increased my nervousness. My eyes clanged on him, watching his every movement from now on. I watched him kneeling down next to me, still sitting on the chair.