Chapter 11 - Hang Out

I apologize if the chapters get longer! I suppose longer chapters where a lot of things happen are better than plenty of short, boring ones! ^^' I hope you still enjoy xD
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I went downstairs and wanted to make my way to the bathroom, and I saw Steven sitting on the kitchen table, playing something on his phone. "Good morning, little man!" As Steven noticed me, he gasped, dropping his phone on the table and rushing to me while smiling. "(Y/N)! How are you? Are you okay?" Of course I am! Why is he so worried? "Yes, Steven I'm fine! Why do you ask?" "The gems and I were really worried about you! You know...after what happened yesterday..." Hey, it's fine...it's nothing bad. I was touched that they care, but I still had a little pain in my heart. "Thank you guys...really. But I'm fine!" Steven studied me, smiling. "Are you really sure?" I smiled softly and nodded, then decided to study the kitchen. "U-Umm...did you..eat anything today, Steven?" He looked at the kitchen and gasped. "Oh no! I'm not hungry~ and I was desperately waiting for you!" "Well okay, little man. You need to eat! How about some waffles today?" The boy loved my idea. He was excited to make some waffles with me, he actually loved waffles and pancakes most for breakfast. And I did too! It was a pretty sweet start of the day. We made the waffles together according to our taste, with some addings here and there. Steven added chocolate sauce to his waffles, and I only added whipped cream and strawberrys to mine. As we sat down on the table with our breakfast, Steven proceeded to keep up the conversation. "Any plans for today?" I sighed and looked at my waffles. "Nah, actually no. But I would want to do something exciting today...to get something different on my mind, you know." Steven put his index finger and thumb on his chin and had a toughtful minute. "Maybe you could ask someone to hang out!" That was a nice idea! I never liked doing things alone, maybe the gems would love to hang out some time! "Good idea, Steven! And what are you planning to do today?" "I want to meet up with Onion, we haven't seen each other for a while. Ad he's pretty lonely..." Onion always had a somewhat creepy thing to him, but he was cute indeed! Now that I think of it...a lot of things are 'cute' to me..."That sounds nice! Have fun with him!"

Being in the bathroom seemed like enternity. After I changed my clothes, I kept staring at myself in the mirror. I had this sleepy face I always had when I woke up, and I laughed at myself everytime. But I wonder...why did Bismuth stood up for me yesterday? She really motivated me which I didn't expect. It was weird because we barely know eachother...But somehow, it was kind of adorable. ((Lol wait no! Don't think that! As if she started to care or anything...)) I decided to concentrate on something else and finally got myself ready. As I exited the bathroom, I looked at my phone and checked my messages. As I saw 'Ronaldo McDonaldo', I started to worry very much. I was...terrified about what is going on now. I texted him, not being able to hold back the restleness:

Hey...how are you? I hope you're okay...are we still friends...?

I immediately put my phone back into my pocket, being too scared to watch him see-zone me or anything like that. "Are you worried?" I twitched in shock only to see Garnet in front of me. Was she there all the time? How come I didn't notice her? "You still look very down." I looked at her and smiled softly. "I'm fine, don't worry~" Seeing the reflection in her glasses, I got a little nervous because I could feel her seriousness. "Don't worry too much, okay?" even though she sounded cool, I knew she cared deeply. "I won't~ I promise!" She was about to walk off again, I held her hand to stop her. "Wait! Where are you going now...?" her hand held onto mine too. "Nowhere special." "Would you like to hang out? I'm bored..." Her giggle made me blush. Why are the gems so busy lately? Can't they just take one single day off? Are there really so many gems to find? Bismuth told me she cannot allow herself a break, and yet again the gems told her to do that. "Ask Bismuth to hang out~ I know she is very bored, just like you. This is her second and last day of break, I'm sure she'd love to have you as company." I'm sure I'm just annoying to her...but it was worth a try, right? She was happy to watch the series with me too..."But Garnet...I'm too shy to ask..." "Don't worry about it. You'll woo her over with your cuteness." After she poked my nose and left, I stood there blushing harshly. Woo her over...yea sure. We'll see about that. I don't even know where she is...