Chapter 12 - Painful Truth

!!!!OMG IT'S FINALLY OUT!!!!
SORRY AGAIN FOR KEEPING YOU WAITING! I hope this was worth the wait ;U; <3
--------------------------------------------------------

The conversation with Bismuth was pretty nice indeed. I never knew I could share such deep subjects and talk about Mom with her. I couldn't stop myself from liking her a little. ((Oh my, I can't believe where I am now. I guess not even Garnet could've ever predicted this in her Future Vision..)) My eyes could watch the sunset continue, as the sky got darker while the stars started to come out. Somehow their shine was pretty outstanding tonight. But I was wondering. Weren't we supposed to be training by now or at least be finished? "Funny.." she said chuckling. "I think I must have forgotten your training today." I immediately giggled, I couldn't hold it back. "Oh no, me too! I guess we got soaked into the conversation too much.." My eye noticed a little shooting star. It was pretty quick and delicate, but I saw it. Now it got even more dark, anf even more stars appeared on the sky. I somehow like to think these are millions of gems, ancient gems, resting in peace. And I know mom might be one of them. "Well!" Bismuth announced as she stood up. "It is yet another end of the day." Indeed. I always hate it when days end, it feels like the fun needs to stop. I just nodded to her and looked back at the stars. "True...but sometimes I wish days would last forever..." She glanced down at me, wondering why I didn't stand up with her. "What about you? Are you comin'?" "Oh! Yes, of course. Just give me 10 Minutes, I still want to admire the night." I didn't want the night to end this quickly. Even though my eyes burned and I was obviously tired, I blinked a lot in order to balance it off. "Alright then! I'll go forward." Bismuth walked away with a smile and I could see her disappearing in the distance. I then turned my attention back to the sky, grining brightly. So much that my face hurt a bit. "This is so cool..." I whispered.

While glancing at the sky-gems, as I like to call the stars, mother came into my mind. The gems always tell me and Steven how beautiful and wise she was. Steven sometimes tells me that he doesn't feel like he could ever measure up to her, but I know how he feels. I feel the same way after all. I'm sure Steven would follow the footsteps of mother, but...what will I do then? How am I possibly suppose to be Rose's Child if my brother already has all the powers that she has. He is more 'Rose Quartz' than me. Now that I think of it, what am I even good at? I still have no idea. "He can heal gems...float, make a bubble to protect himself, see through gems eyes while dreaming or jumping into minds of others while doing so." My look went to my hands. "And me...? I can't do anything---" Clinching my hands as I finished, I looked at the sea. I can see the moon reflecting on it's surface, the shine that was caused by the sky-gems. "No..." I said, my voice disappearing in a sigh. "I'm...Rose Quartz's daughter. I am something. I can help to protect the earth, I'm...a part of Rose Quartz." My heart was now filled with bravery. I felt so strong saying that. And now, I stood up and hammered my fist against my chest. ((And I am going to prove to everyone that I am a true crystal gem.)) My last goodbye-look to the moon and I soon made my way down the cliff to enter my home. I sometimes jumped a bit in happiness, being very satisfied of the day and also of myself.

I went inside the house to see the crystal gems talking to eachother. Seemed to be something important because they had serious expressions. The little whispers I could understand were "We need to tell her..." and "I'm scared of her reaction..." (('Her'? Are they talking about a gem? Or...me?)) But they soon saw me standing there questioning what's going on. And why did they look so shocked? I don't understand any of this. "Guys? Why are you looking at me like that?" I started to ask. "(Y/N)..." Pearl had sadness in her voice. Is there something I did? I know I didn't do anything wrong, so what's the meaning of all this? I continued to ask. "Yes...?" "We need to talk. Now." Garnet said inviting me to sit with them on the couch and I did so while studying the gems. Even Amethyst looked very worried which was very unusual. Garnet continued. "It is very...very hard for us to tell you this. But we think it's finally time to let you know." Now my stomach started to hurt. It was scary to know that there might be something that I need to know, something really bad. "What...is it?" I think I made Pearl very upset because she was close to breaking down in tears. As Amethyst noticed that, she offered her a hug which Pearl immediateley accepted. The fusion knew she had to speak. "It's about you." So it really is about me? What could it possibly be. "I'll explain it to you---" As I listened to Garnet carefully, I realized she was telling me a story: