Chapter 14 - The Party

Omg...I'm not dead???? Sheesh I've been gone for like...ever o,o" I'm so sorry for keeping everyone waiting for almost a year!! I always struggled with continueing, but after seeing people really liking my work, I decided to pull myself together <3
I just have to say that I'm so thankful you guys are enjoying my story -^^- I feel really flattered! And I hope I won't disappoint you with this chapter!!~

I got really nervous while being on my way. Ronaldo and I decided to meet in front of his father's fry shop, and as I saw him in the near distance sitting on a bench, I had to crack a little smile. The closer I got, the slower I walked so that he could not notice me. But he did as he looked around and spotted me. I could see he was surprised, but he also smiled a bit and I returned the smile. "H-Hey (Y/N)..." "Uhhh hi...." I answered while blushing. It was sort of awkward to see eachother again after what happend. But of course, I didn't want this meeting to be too awkward so I wanted to start a conversation "So I thought tha---" " I wanted to---" Ronaldo and I both started talking at the same time and we couldn't hold back the laughter of the funny moment. "After you..." he said quietly and I nodded. "Ummm...I'm also...just sorry for overreacting that evening. I didn't want to hurt you or anything! Just to make it clear.." Trying to make my voice sound gentle, I didn't want him to feel bad and instead make him understand that I didn't mean to break his heart. The young man tried his best to smile brightly but I could tell it was a painfull smile, which didn't make me feel better. "Hey...it's okay. I guess I was...just an idiot for hoping you would say yes--- Ughh I mean--!! I didn't want you to ehh...feel overwhelmed...I'm just so sorry..." Ronaldo can get very depressed if something doesn't go the way he planned. Like one time, I remember him wanting to ask this girl out that he really liked. And as she turned him down, he would stay in his room for days and be too sad to do anything. "Ronnie...I know you're hurt, and I'm also so sorry for hurting you... so badly. I blame myself for being the cause of your sorrow..." he knew I was really sorry. Not only because he could tell that from my expression, but he knew I would never lie to him if it comes to something like that. "But you're not..." he said while rubbing my shoulders and looking away. "But I've been meaning to make it up to you... or at least try" "What do you mean by that?" I asked confused. "Well, there's this party that Jenny invited me to. And she said I'm free to take someone with me...if you want to of course--" Wow, it's been a while since I've been on a party. I've been pretty lazy and... kind of busy the past few weeks. But I'm pretty sure this is a good chance to loosen up a little and have some fun..."Sure, why not! I'd love to go." But somehow, I feel like I'd be pretty nervous to go alone with Ronnie. I don't even know why... but I was wondering if I could take someone with me. "Is it ok if I take some people with me? You know, so that we have more company." "Huh?--Ohh!! Yeah...sure, why not." Why did he seem so sad about it? Is it because he doesn't want me to take someone with me? Or maybe he wanted to go alone with me.. "But you know..." I continued "...these are people you know too. I thought about Amethyst, and maybe Steven too. Pretty sure there's a lot going on at Jen's party, so there might be something for everyone." I couldn't avoid the feeling that the atmosphere got kinda awkward... "I think so too...." was the only answer that Ronaldo gave me, still looking away. Well, I hate awkward moments. So I decided to break the ice. My hand grabbed his and his eyes finally met with mine out of shock. "Now come on Fryman!" I blurted out. "Let's go and do the amazing stuff that we used to do!!" he blushed and giggled, still out of surprise. "Why...of course!" luckyly he started to talk about his blog later on again. I got worried we might have nothing to talk about. Apparently he had reached 100 followers and I was really happy for him! I in return told him about how I got better at training and how excited I was for the day I might have a true fight, even though deep down I knew this might still take a while.