Chapter Seven- The Heartbeat

Ben walked into the shop a handful of days later , he saw the waiter who served him and his friends last time and walked to him. "Do you know where Rey is ?"

"Excuse me ?" Finn asked.

"I have a flight and I need to talk to her it's urgent!" He told him.

"She's not here... she's at her doctor's appointment at Johnston's" Finn told hi while getting a cup of coffee for a customer.

"Thanks" Ben said and sprinted out of there.

*

Rey was laying down , her shirt up and small stomach bare , her leggings reaching her hips. She was waiting for her to see the first ultrasound.

The door opened and she sat up "doctor ? Ben ?!" She saw him .

"Rey I needed to talk to you" he said.

"Nows not the best time Ben" she told him with a hand on her stomach.

"I know ... but it's important" he pleaded.

"Okay what is it ?" She asked .

"I'm leaving the country , and if something where to happen on the flight I need to tell you this"

"Tell me what ?!" Rey questioned looking at him.

"I'm a millionaire, and I don't want a child ... but that doesn't mean I'm not gonna do something for the kid ... I've set up a collage fund for it, so when it's 18 it can go anywhere it gets into... It's enough for the dorm , books, classes, supplies and spending money ..."

"Ben -" she began and was quickly cut off again.

"I've also included in my will that the rights of the First Order series will go to the kid ... so that if they ever need money it's there for them ...and I've put you on my will -"

"Ben I didn't -"

"My money is going half to my parents and the other half to you and the kid ...so if something happens on this flight you don't freak out when you find out I left you over a million dollars" Ben told her.

The doctor walked in and smiled , she began to apply get to Rey's stomach then started the machine .

"Ben I didn't ask for this ; I don't need it "

"I know you don't but... did you to go collage ?" He asked.

"No I couldn't afford it - but that doesn't mean I wanted you to do this !"

"Rey " Ben sat down "I want the best thing for the kid ... and them going to collage without them worrying about it is the best thing I mean -" suddenly Ben stopped talking . "What's that ?" He asked with the thumping noise.

"That is your baby's heartbeat" the doctor smiled .

"It's so fast" Ben said softly.

"It's about normal ... would you two like to see the baby ?" She asked and zoomed in. "This is what your baby looks like ..."

"It's so small" Ben said looking at the screen.

"It's even smaller in her stomach , it's not even the length of your thumb" the doctor told them.

"And it's alive ?" He asked.

"Well... it's real if that what your asking" the doctor said "it couldn't survive on its own outside the womb yet"

"But it's gonna be here ?"

"One day" the doctor smiled.

*

"Let me walk you home" Ben told Rey as she was walking out of the doctor's office.

"Ben you have a flight to catch" she reminded him.

"I don't care... let me walk you..."

"Okay" she said and they walked silently down the street.

"Rey?" He said when they reached her door .

"Hmm ?" She murmured as she was unlocking her door.

"That was one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen or heard" he said.

"Yeah" she smiled and ran a hand over her flat belly.

"Rey ... im sorry" he said.

"Why ?" She asked.

"I said it didn't want anything to do with it... oh my god Rey the kid was incredible "

"Yeah the baby is" she smiled. "Have a safe flight Ben"

"Can I call you ?" He asked .

"Yeah... here's my number" she handed a business card "my cell is the same but 1235 " she told him.

"Thanks Rey..." he smiled and walked away.

-A.N.-
This is the first thing I did this morning ... I'm still in bed

-Joey