Chapter Ten- The Books

Ben was on a walk around the old town district in New York. He figured he'd pick up some breakfast and maybe check in his car.

He saw Rey in front of her shop watering her window boxed flowers .

"Hey" she turned to see Ben .

"Hi" she smiled and watered her plants. "What are you doing over here ?" She asked.

"My cars messed up so it's getting fixed and no place where I live serves good breakfast so I came down here ... care to join me ?"

"Oh" Rey shook her head "I rather not"

"You sure I mean -"

"It's fine ... I have to some work to do and all" she said "then I have a doctor's appointment at 12:30... it's my six week checkup "

"Can I come with you ?" He asked "Id like to see how the kid is doing"

Rey smiled "would you like to have breakfast inside ? In my house ? We're not open and I have a fresh pot of coffee brewing... we could eat then go to the doctors"

"Id like that" he said and they went inside her house.

*

"Bacon ?" She asked as he sat at the island .

"Please" he said .

They had their food on their plates and they were eating "so when do we find out the gender ?" Ben asked.

"Sometime in the next month or so..."

"Okay so what about your family ?" Ben asked "this bakery who's is it ?"

"My grandfather owns it... he was around my age in 1965 when they opened doors ... originally it was something to keep his mind off my grandma ... my grandmother passed away after my father was born... and my grandfather was really shaken up"

"Oh , I would image" Ben said .

"My dad met my mom when he was 16... they had me at 17... my mom passed away in a earthquake and my dad moved in with my grandfather to have help talking care of me ... when I was 4 my father killed himself " Rey said softly as she drank her coffee "he ... he shot himself a couple days after I asked where mommy was... I didn't understand that she was dead"

"Oh Rey I had no idea" he said grabbing her hand across the table.

"Yeah" she took a deep breath "my grandpa raised me every since and it's been just us... he married my Grandma Satine a few years ago ..."

"That's good" Ben said.

"Yeah... so what about your family ?"

"Oh... my mom and uncle are twins ... my grandfather and grandmother passed away when they were little so my great aunt and uncle adopted my Uncle and my mother was adopted by my grandfather Bail... my dad met my mom when she was 19 and he was 30... they had me and got married ... mom went to law school where she met up with my uncle and my father and uncle were friends ... mom and dad divorced because he got another woman pregnant... I have a little sister named Anna... never met her ..."

"Oh..." Rey said "you never met her ... how old is she ?"

"13... no 16, Anna lives close by and is close to my dad ... I've never met her nor do I want to"

"Oh... why did you write the Kylo Ren series ?"

"I wrote them when I was 15... when I started realizing that my father was cheating on my mother... I wrote that Kylo killed his father when I found out that Anna was born"

"Oh... you know I read all those books in high school"

"Really ?" Ben asked shocked.

Rey smiled and walked to her shelves to bring back his books "proof" she said "my grandpa went one time to get them signed ... oh and in high school for three years I dressed up as Kira every Halloween... each year the costume got better and better"

"No fricken way" Ben smiled.

"Yeah... I actually had my the boyfriend dress up as Kylo... but he didn't look a thing like the drawings of Kylo so I made him wear the mask the whole day !"

"That's crazy" Ben  smiled.

"I was such a nerd" she smiled "for my senior paper I wrote how your books where influenced by World War II and that they're is level of mental illness that is never addressed"

"You picked up on that ?" Ben asked.

"Yeah... I mean I read each book like 12 times... "

"That's crazy" Ben said "you know ... I'm playing Kylo"

"Good ! I saw that they were thinking about hiring  James Franco ... I don't think he really fits Kylo well"

"Thanks ... it was a letter I got when I first started thinking about making them into movies to play him myself"

"Really did it say 'all thoughts aside , from photos I've seen of you younger should play Kylo - Hanne'"

"Exactly that "

"Me " she chuckled "Reyhanne ... Hanne was my pen name... and my fan fiction author name ..."

"You wrote fan fiction ?"

"Yep... did quite a few books ... and yes I shipped Kylo and Kiara with all heart... people though they were related but they weren't ! She was Obi- Wan's granddaughter duh !"

"Oh my god you're a genius ... "

"It's easy ... the twins Lilly and Lucas , Lilly had a son but Lucas has no children ... was Lilly and Lucas based off you mom and uncle ?"

"Yeah ... twins run in the family so ... we may have two kids in there"

"Oh lord" she shook her head.

-A.N.-
Kiara was Rey's original name then changed it , some say it was because it reminded them to much of Kylo...

-Joey