Chapter Nineteen- The Goodbyes

Rey held Ben's hand while they walked into the hospital, she sensed his emotions and took his hand and rested it on her belly.

They saw Anna , crying with who Ben assumed was Uncle Chewie , the dark hair all around and heavy accent that so few could understand .

Rey let go of Ben's hand and walked to Anna , opening her arms for the little girl and holding her in a tight hug.

"Ben ?" Chewie said and Ben nodded , the tall man hugged Ben and patted his back.

"Mr. Solo ?" The doctor said and Ben stood free of Chewie "The corner will be here in a handful of moments ... would you like to say goodbye ?"

"Please" Ben said and he then felt a hand grab his , it was Anna's .

"Can I come in too?" She asked looking at her big brother . Ben nodded and they walked into the room.

"Daddy" Anna cried and bent down to hold his hand "I'm gonna miss you daddy... but at least you'll be with mommy and everything will be okay...I love you daddy... and I promise that I always will" she cried .

Ben bent down and rubbed her shoulder, she latched onto her big brother and hugged him tightly . Crying into the crook of his neck.

"Anna ?" Rey said coming to the room "why don't we leave Ben and let him say his goodbyes alone ... your grandma is here" she said and Anna followed Rey .

"Damnit Han" Ben said when the door shut "you just had to go and die on us huh ? Because that's all your good at is abandoning your kids ... you left me , you left Anna ... some father " he shook his head .

"You know what Han ... after all these years of you never being there for me I can finally say it ... I'm glad you weren't ... you not being there sparked my multi-million dollar franchise ..."

He looked at his father , closed eyes , no breath escaping his lips "Han ... you ruined my mother's life ... your ruined my life ; you ruined your other wife's live ... but you are not ruining Anna's life ... she's only 16 or 17... fuck I don't know all I know is that I'm gonna step up for her ... because that's what big brothers do ... and I'm gonna put all my hate aside for her because you know what Han ... she's gonna go far. You dying may be the best thing that could have happened to her"

He then grabbed his father's cold hand "I'm not gonna miss you because I don't know you... but I am going to mourn you... you were still my father nonetheless and I'm gonna be one hell of a father compared to you... "

He felt tears rising in his eyes "I don't know why ... but I'm crying ... I'm just ... I'll end it with this ... I love you dad... may not agree with you all the time or think your smart but I love you ... and I will mourn you... goodbye" he said and walked out of the room.

"Ben , your grandma is here ... she said she gonna take Anna ..." Rey said grabbing ahold of Ben's hand .

"Okay..." he then walked to Anna. She looked up at him through watery eyes . He hugged her tight "call me if you ever need me" he said and she nodded.

-A.N.-

-Joey

-Joey