Chapter 8

"You have to be kidding me," she muttered as she walked to her seat.

"Morning," Jay greeted, giving her a small smile.

"Hi," Sandra said, sounding annoyed as she sat down.

"You ready for class?"

"I guess so. What class is this again?"

"History of Woodsmen and Pirates. I didn't know you were in this class too."

"Yeah," Sandra muttered. "Me either."

"Alright, class!" the teacher, Peter Pan, said. "Settle down! We are going to be starting our partner assignments today." Sandra groaned, but stayed quiet. "Who wants to know who their partners are?"

The room erupted with excitement, everyone wanting to know who their partners were.

"Alright, alright! Settle down, Lost Boys!" he laughed. He picked up a bulletin board and started to read off of it. Sandra zoned out as he read off most of the list. She suddenly snapped to attention when she heard who she was partnered with. "Sandra and Jay."

Sandra stared at the teacher, but he was too busy reading off the rest of his list to notice.

"You have to be kidding me," she muttered.

"Everything alright?" Jay asked.

"Everything is just perfect!" she replied quietly and sarcastically to him. "Why wouldn't it be?"

"You looked annoyed, so I thought I would ask."

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be annoyed?"

Jay just smiled.

"What do we want to do our project about?"

Sandra thought for a few moments, trying to think about what they should do.

"I have an idea," she said. "This is History of Woodsmen and Pirates, right?"

"Yeah. What about it?"

"We know of a pirate back on the Isle."

Realization suddenly spread across his face.

"Captain Hook and the Jolly Roger crew!" He said.

Sandra smirked.

"Exactly."

"This will be perfect for us," Jay laughed. "We know all about Hook since we used to live near him."

"That's part of why I'm starting to enjoy this project."