Phil's POV

I sat down and waited for the bell to ring. I straightened out my skinny jeans and my pink, floral shirt. Joshua sneered over at me and snickered with his friends. Who cared what they were saying anyways. They were irrelevant. All I had to do was focus on class.

    But more than class too. Dan Howell, one row over, two seats up. Today he was wearing a mint green sweater and ripped, black skinny jeans. His hair was a bit messy today, which I found a teeny bit adorable. He began to rake through it with his fingers.

    He knocked his pencil off of the desk and he reached over to pick it up. His face looked so sad. I had the strong urge to ask him what was wrong, but I never could. A dried tear still glistened on his cheek. 

    What'd they do to him today? Rage boiled deep in my stomach but I kept my cool. I'd deal with it later. 

    I took notes all through class, not really paying attention to what the teacher was babbling about. I could only think of Dan. I decided if anything was going to go anywhere, I'd have to talk to him.

    The bell rang and I brushed everything into my bag and rushed casually over to Dan's desk. "Erm, hey, I'm Phil."

Author's note: Sorry this chapter is super short. I really hope this fic won't crash and burn